C/LW Rasmus Asplund - Färjestad BK, SHL (2016, 33rd, BUF)

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Last edited by a moderator:

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
One of the best players for Färjestad J20 this past season, as a late 97 born player...

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
hes always a top 2 pick in EHM so im sure he'll have a very promising career, cant beat the algorithm.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
agreed he's sliding under the radar, if he ends up going in the late 1st (which it looks like he will) a team is gonna get a steal

djf

Jun 9, 2012
I've seen him alot in the SHL thos year and he is definately a great prospect. Really smart and can make some great plays, isn't shy and goes to the net. Probably a late 1st round pick, has been compared to Zetterberg by media. I think that's pretty close in playing style even though he of course might not have that kind of amazing offensive potential. Looking forward to seeing both him and Eriksson Eks careers.

Edit: thread title slightly misleading now because he doesnt play juniors anymore. Hes on the SHL team full time, even got to center the first line a couple of games.

Last edited:

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
Flyers should target him if they end up getting another 1st round pick

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Have been impressed by his game so far in Helsinki. Blackhawks need LW LW LW LW. Draft this guy in the late first please.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I've kept my eye on him for a couple months now... Watching him with Farjestad, he's impressed me the most. Really hoping he flies under the radar enough for the Wild to pick him up. I think he'll end up being a steal.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i wouldn't want my wild to pick asplund #15 however if another team was willing to give a 2nd to drop 5-7 spots i'd pick him at #20-22. i believe hes a teammate / friend of wild pick joel ericksson ek.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
i wouldn't want my wild to pick asplund #15 however if another team was willing to give a 2nd to drop 5-7 spots i'd pick him at #20-22. i believe hes a teammate / friend of wild pick joel ericksson ek.
Don't know about friends (but they probably are), but they both play for Farjestad and are the same age.

djf

Jun 9, 2012
Can anyone that watches the SHL provide an update on this kid?

Not alot to update. Färjestads season ended in the QFs a while ago. Asplund is a strong two way player who has great vision and can play PP, PK, wing or center. He works really hard and always gives a good effort but in the more physical and closer playoffs he and his fellow junior players had a harder time, wich is to be expected from someone so young.

Depending on how his offensive capabilities translate he could end up anything between a third and first liner. At the very least he'll be a good energy player, probably has the tools to play top6 IMHO.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Not alot to update. Färjestads season ended in the QFs a while ago. Asplund is a strong two way player who has great vision and can play PP, PK, wing or center. He works really hard and always gives a good effort but in the more physical and closer playoffs he and his fellow junior players had a harder time, wich is to be expected from someone so young.

Depending on how his offensive capabilities translate he could end up anything between a third and first liner. At the very least he'll be a good energy player, probably has the tools to play top6 IMHO.

Thanks, that was all I was looking for. He is a young player playing in the SHL so stat watching is rather pointless.

djf

Jun 9, 2012
Maybe I should add that he seems very mature in interviews and I have heard he has real leadershio qualities

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Don't think he will be a 1st rounder.
Who knows, alot of sources see him in the post 21 to 23 tier. A lot of the sources I like for info have him in the late first or just on the fringe. McKenzie at 31, Hockey Prospect at 21, Pronman 25, Button at 36 and Central Scouting has him at #4 for Euro's (which is probably a 1st round grade but close). Personally, I like the combo of those to get a vibe (2 purely indvidual opinions, one group tank list with detailed info, group think by a large organization but without much info, and a consensus list from NHL scouts). I'd say its a coin-flip at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad