1297611419176_ORIGINAL.jpg

here's the highlights.. wow, just wow..

[MOD] Continued from:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=116318077

Last edited by a moderator:

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
Pure domination by Zacha in a game Were the season is on the Line. Doing it without konecny is not a knock on him but shows What kind of player he is.

Hes really starting to show why he Was considered a top3 at one point. 6'3 215 pound center with clutch ability, a two way game, playmaking ability, a NHL caliber shot, grit and speed. For me he looks more and more like a kopitar/Gezlaf clone when he's on he's game. This is the best stretch we have seen from him and he's game seems so define in all areas except for the minor penalties he seems to take now and then.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Posts like this are just as annoying as those picking on Zacha.

He had an up and down season and is having a great playoffs. That's all there is to it.

Consistency has and continues to be his biggest issue. It should be clear to anyone who has watched him for any length of time that he has a high level skill set and the potential to be a very good player. How well he puts it together on how consistent of a basis will determine where he peaks.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
He has that ability to take over games like he did last night. Him and Chychrun were incredible. If he can improve his consistency he'll be a total force.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Zacha is impressive,

He reminds me a bit of a Prime Erik Cole

Also, Chychrun, wow.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
He has that ability to take over games like he did last night. Him and Chychrun were incredible. If he can improve his consistency he'll be a total force.

They really were, especially in the 3rd period. Lots of chances between the two. Zacha's also back up to 2 points/game scoring in the playoffs. Couldn't be happier for him, and I hope he continues his stellar play. I think another big thing about Zacha's game last night was that he didn't take any dumb penalties.

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site
Hopefully Zacha can finish off this series with a bang tonight. Given that he was considered a bit of a project pick @ #6, I think he's definitely made nice progress compared to where he was at this time last season. As a Devils fan, watching him take yet another step with a dominant, albeit short, playoff performance has been very exciting.

I still see him as more of a power winger in the NHL though.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
The goaltending matchup decided that Sting-Soo series. Zacha ends it with 13 points in 7 games. 6 Goals and 7 Assists. Hope to see him in Albany for the Calder Cup run!

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Great series from Zacha, too bad it wasn't enough. I'm very excited to see him in Albany though, they can make a pretty good run this year and it'd be nice if Zacha could be a contributor to that.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Sarnia should have been able to get past SSM. Zacha stepped his game up when it mattered, but the secondary scoring kinda disappointed and goaltending could have been better. I think losing TK is what cost them in the end though.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Sarnia should have been able to get past SSM. Zacha stepped his game up when it mattered, but the secondary scoring kinda disappointed and goaltending could have been better. I think losing TK is what cost them in the end though.

Probably, though you could argue that Sarnia isn't a real 2 seed without Konecny. Probably closer to a 4 or 5.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
I want him to be the next Bobby Holik god dammit

He's a step up skill wise than Holik. Holik was a bull and Zacha is a bull, not quite as mean, who can skate like the wind and can dominate when he wants to. Does that mean hell be better than Holik in the NHL. No, but he as the potential to be better.

Last edited:

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Zacha might finally start getting the respect he deserves on this site after this playoff series. He has future NHLer written all over him. I want him to get 9 games with the devils next year. Then go back to Sarnia where he should average 1.75ppg to 2ppg next season. The only way I keep him up after. His future is bright.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Zacha might finally start getting the respect he deserves on this site after this playoff series. He has future NHLer written all over him. I want him to get 9 games with the devils next year. Then go back to Sarnia where he should average 1.75ppg to 2ppg next season. The only way I keep him up after. His future is bright.

He was fairly close to making the team this season - I would be surprised if they gave him another year in Sarnia next season.

983 others

Aug 26, 2009
Still not impressed with Zacha.

Everybody knows that he can be a monster, but he only plays like that maybe 20-30% of the time, the rest he just disappears.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad