C/LW Alexei Lipanov - Spartak Moscow, KHL (2017, 76th, TBL; traded to DAL; released)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Expecting a similar impact as Burmistrov had in Barrie though his stats may be inflated if he plays with Svechnikov. Also just noticed how absolutely horrible his u17 league stats with Dynamo were a couple seasons ago..

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
If Svechnikov and Nizhnikov are playing with the Barrie Colts this year where does Lipanov play

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Looks good enough in the Canada-Russia series to deserve a camp invite. And then if he clicks with Svechnikov there, watch out.

Reactions: Everblades13

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
Looks good enough in the Canada-Russia series to deserve a camp invite. And then if he clicks with Svechnikov there, watch out.
Hopefully! I have never watched any of the junior tournaments or whatever, and am looking forward to checking it out. The more Lightning prospects the better!

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Pretty disappointing post draft season, it felt to me like a great 3rd round selection on draft day.

I honestly didn’t think he was bad in Barrie all things considered... going to Sudbury however has been an absolute black hole for him. I hope for his sake and the Lightning sake that he gets out of there and either gets a trade or more ideally goes back to Russia. I feel like he has more to gain from coming over and trying the AHL at 22/23 then he does trying it at 20/21 and possibly getting frustrated and going back to Russia.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
How has he done? From what it seems he's set to start in the AHL? Weird considering he far from dominated the OHL and is still age eligible to play there.

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
I hope he's the next Rubtsov, so to speak :). Poor stats for his age in the juniors, then next season he's great in the AHL. Rubtsov so far looking much better than Abramov for example. Who was almost a 2 ppg player in the Q. But it just me wishing, all cases are different.

Btw, what do you guys think about his chances to make WJC roster? I'm trying to come up with some kind of depth chart for the Russia WJC roster. I have a clear top-3 in forwards. And then a big group of forwards. I couldn't really rank them lol . They all so close for my taste.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad