C Lukas Vejdemo (2015, 87th, MTL)

otfbryantfair

May 14, 2015
I'm looking for information on Lukas Vejdemo. He's pretty highly ranked as the #36 European and he tore up the Swedish Junior league, though his is 19. A quick scouting report would be much appreciated.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Scored his first ever point in the SHL yesterday in the season opener, scored a nice goal from deep in the slot. Will be interesting to see how much time he gets with Djurgårdens this year, he only appeared in 3 games last year. If he does well it should help his chances of making Team Sweden for the WJC's.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
Hello fellow Habs fans!

I am doing an exchange in Warsaw this semester. I am currently on a trip in Stockholm and I will get to watch djurgadens play live on Monday evening :)

Think I'm lucky? I missed all games of this great start of season because games start at 3 am :P

I will get a chance to see Vejdemo, and I will try to pay special attention to him. I'll try to report here if there was anything noteworthy.

Does anybody know if he plays a lot this season?

Edit: Oops.. Thought this would be on habs board...

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He scored today and had a good game yesterday though his ice time has been dropping a bit in previous games. He's shown some flashes though, just needs to put it together.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Hello fellow Habs fans!

I am doing an exchange in Warsaw this semester. I am currently on a trip in Stockholm and I will get to watch djurgadens play live on Monday evening :)

Think I'm lucky? I missed all games of this great start of season because games start at 3 am :P

I will get a chance to see Vejdemo, and I will try to pay special attention to him. I'll try to report here if there was anything noteworthy.

Does anybody know if he plays a lot this season?

Edit: Oops.. Thought this would be on habs board...

dude I feel sorry for you.. out of all games you managed to catch one of the most boring games of the season :laugh:

Hope you enjoyed it even though the level of play wasn't as high as it should be

Last edited:

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
dude I feel sorry for you.. out of all games you managed to catch one of the most boring games of the season :laugh:

Hope you enjoyed it even though the level of play wasn't as high as it should be

Haha, it was fun :P

I'm not a fan of Djurgardens more than Orebro, so it wasn't that bad that they didn't score (even though I still rooted for Djurgardens in this game).

Vejdemo did some good stuff though. He was named player of the game for his team. Got flowers. Hehe.. Is that something they do every game? I don't know if hockey players love flowers that much :P

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
He's picked up 4 points in his last 4 games, and it's 5 in his last 6 games. Pretty solid run for a 19 year old rookie in the SHL.

Got a nice bump in ice time today from the usual 10-12 minutes to 18 minutes.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Picked up an assist today while on the point on the PP, he now has a 3 game scoring streak and 6 pts in the last 7 games. Hope he makes the WJC squad.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Considering he is now in the top 6 of a SHL team (16 minutes today), Sweden must have one hell of a team if he's on the bubble for their WJC team.

We do. We have plenty of players in CHL and SHL/SHL2 that is playing really good, and many of them is not even close to make the team and some on the bubble.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
2 pt night for him as he continues to make a case for Team Sweden. Now sitting at 10 pts on the season but 8 have come in the last 10 games.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Anyone have an update on him? What's his potential?

There are flashes of great play, but they come too far and few between to really think a lot of them.

He feels a lot like a poor man's Lars Eller IMO. And by poor man's, I'm thinking doesn't even make the NHL or is a fourth liner at best.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He's been one of Laval's best players and that's with playing on the bottom lines. He's got the physical tools to be an NHLer, skating, speed, size, plus a solid defensive game. The question has always been the offense and while he's shown flashes he's never been able to consistently produce. So far this year he has been so if he keeps this up he will certainly see some NHL action if not this year then next.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
To bad he is playing for Habs organisation and will be scrap like 90% of other habs prospect ...

Plekatorz

Jun 6, 2019
To bad he is playing for Habs organisation and will be scrap like 90% of other habs prospect ...
Your comment adds a lot of insight to this thread thank you.

habs are pretty good to develop bottom/middle 6 player, I’m not worry. Vejdemo is a late bloomer no chances to rush him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad