C Logan Stankoven - Texas, AHL (2021, 47th, DAL)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
So, 38G/28A in 28 games in the BCMML, next is 23G/22A in 27 games.

0G/1A in 2 games with the WHL Blazers.

His first game with Kamloops he actually fit in well and looked very good.. The second game he played recently, you could tell he was a 15 year old... Struggled a bit and got very limited ice. Just looks so damn small out there. Obviously he is small but i really hope he can grow a few more inches atleast so he can atleast be described as an "average size player" instead of an "undersized player"

Regardless, he will be a very good player for Kamloops for many years. Skill level is off the charts

Last edited:
Reactions: daddyohsix

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
His first game with Kamloops he actually fit in well and looked very good.. The second game he played recently, you could tell he was a 15 year old... Struggled a bit and got very limited ice. Just looks so damn small out there. Obviously he is small but i really hope he can grow a few more inches atleast so he can atleast be described as an "average size player" instead of an "undersized player"

Regardless, he will be a very good player for Kamloops for many years. Skill level is off the charts

Thanks for the reports, greatly appreciated.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if he put up 50 points next year.

To address his size, I wouldn't worry about it. He's not a slim, small kid. He can hold his own in the corners already.

Next season should be fun in Blazer land with many good young kids coming together.

Agree with this and will be really excited to see how he develops.

He is 5'8" 170lbs right now even if he only grows another inch or 2 I don't think size will be a serious issue for him, great skill set and work ethic.

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
He creates chances every shift in major midget. Really fast skater and quick hands. His release is his most impressive attribute IMO as he's a smaller player.

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
LS broke Tyson Jost BCMML goal scoring record. Sits at 45g 45a 90pt in 34 games.

Alex Kerfoot has the points record with 108 (16 year old). 4 games left for Stankoven.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Finished his midget season with 103 points in 38 games. The second place guy finished with 63 points in 39 games.

The only other 15-year-olds to have surpassed 100 points in the BCMML were F Mat Barzal, who had 103 points in 34 games in 2012-13, and F Jordan Weal, who had 100 points in 40 games in 2007-08.

Ill assume he will be joining the Blazers for their final few games while they push to try to make the playoffs

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Finished his midget season with 103 points in 38 games. The second place guy finished with 63 points in 39 games.

The only other 15-year-olds to have surpassed 100 points in the BCMML were F Mat Barzal, who had 103 points in 34 games in 2012-13, and F Jordan Weal, who had 100 points in 40 games in 2007-08.

Ill assume he will be joining the Blazers for their final few games while they push to try to make the playoffs

Haven't heard if he will be with the team Tuesday and Wednesday yet but the Thompson Blazers still have a playoff series to deal with on the weekend. They might just allow him to concentrate on practising this weekend But who knows, it's not like his previous time with the Blazers hurt his MML production at all

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
He and Zary might actually be able to bring Kamloops back to respectability over the next couple years. Both are great young players.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Haven't heard if he will be with the team Tuesday and Wednesday yet but the Thompson Blazers still have a playoff series to deal with on the weekend. They might just allow him to concentrate on practising this weekend But who knows, it's not like his previous time with the Blazers hurt his MML production at all

Ya sorry my bad, i forgot he still has his midget playoffs. Ya most likely he wont get into anymore games then. Perhaps 1 or 2 of the last games... Or if Blazers make playoffs too

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018

How would you compare him to the Mclennon kid in Kootenay?

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
Reports from camp say he's improved his skating as if it wasn't already elite. He could get 30 goals this coming year, his shot is that quick.

Reactions: Dominance

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Reports from camp say he's improved his skating as if it wasn't already elite. He could get 30 goals this coming year, his shot is that quick.

Unfortunately his main hurdle is his size. I realize smaller players are doing better nowadays in this new age hockey but unfortunately he is quite small. His listed size is 5'7 but even that is a bit of an exaggeration IMO. I saw him very recently and he hasnt grown at all still. VERY thick kid but just very short.

Last season he played some games but you could tell he was a 15 year old but this season if he gets alot of PP time and hopefully plays on the top 2 lines, i wouldnt be surprised if he puts up 20 goals. I really hope his size doesnt become a major issue cause the city of Kamloops has very high hopes for their hometown boy. Alot of hype and pressure is being thrown his way!!

Blazers have some good youth pieces now and i can see them hitting their stride as a team in 2-3 years. They have a deadly young dman Mats Lindgren they just drafted that will be real good in a few years too

Last edited:

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
Unfortunately his main hurdle is his size. I realize smaller players are doing better nowadays in this new age hockey but unfortunately he is quite small. His listed size is 5'7 but even that is a bit of an exaggeration IMO. I saw him very recently and he hasnt grown at all still. VERY thick kid but just very short.

Last season he played some games but you could tell he was a 15 year old but this season if he gets alot of PP time and hopefully plays on the top 2 lines, i wouldnt be surprised if he puts up 20 goals. I really hope his size doesnt become a major issue cause the city of Kamloops has very high hopes for their hometown boy. Alot of hype and pressure is being thrown his way!!

Blazers have some good youth pieces now and i can see them hitting their stride as a team in 2-3 years. They have a deadly young dman Mats Lindgren they just drafted that will be real good in a few years too
He's listed at 5"8 by the WHL and Elite Prospects but yes he's small. I expect him to be moved to RW when he gets drafted unless he grows a bit.

Zach Moffat released an article where he projects Stankoven centering the 2nd line.

This kid is a gym rat apparently and very mature for his age which I like. I'm excited for this season and will take in more Blazer games with this youth movement.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Marv Merchants

Sep 2, 2019
This kid has alot of things going for him. Speed, skill, shot, and it helps that he's a hard worker. His size shouldn't be a problem if he's moved to right-wing. If this kid was 5"11 I'd say he's #1 out of his draft class but we'll see.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
This kid has alot of things going for him. Speed, skill, shot, and it helps that he's a hard worker. His size shouldn't be a problem if he's moved to right-wing. If this kid was 5"11 I'd say he's #1 out of his draft class but we'll see.
Yeah, I agree. Scouts have to love his intensity out there. He looks like he models his game after MacKinnon or maybe that's a testament to how talented Stankoven is.

Reactions: Dominance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad