C Laurent Dauphin - Chicoutimi Sagueneens, QMJHL (2013, 39th overall, Phoenix)

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Just watched a bunch of his games. Kid reminds me a lot of Patrice Bergeron. Could be a late 1st/early 2nd round steal.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
I hope Montreal takes him with one of their 3 picks from 25-36 overall. I think he will be a huge steal of the draft. I can see a massive jump in his game next year.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The biggest thing that stands out from what i've seen of him, is his willingness to take the puck to the net hard, considering his size. On the one hand it's obviously a very desirable and positive trait, but i do kind of wonder how that's going to translate as he moves up to higher levels where he may be limited physically in his ability to play that same way.

A very intriguing prospect though imo, and definitely worth a flyer. Big upside there if he can fill out and translate his game to the next level effectively.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Laurent Dauphin

Trying to gauge his potential but have only seen a Youtube video on him.

Anybody ever watch him live? What are the chances of him someday being a full time NHLer? Who is comparable to? And finally, if you had to guess, what kind of stats would you expect from him if he is to make the NHL?

Thank you!

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Fast 2 way forward with decent puck skills and a very good work ethic, think Antoine Vermette type player. Upside probably around 20g-20a for NHL.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Laurent Dauphin can do everything. He doesn't stop and is a very hard worker. He's a smooth skater,very agile,with great hands. Strong puck skills. Very quick release with decent accuracy. He's creative and his vision is exceptional .Speed and versatility are his biggest strengths. Hs offensive game is high and while his defensive game isn't bad , it could be worked on. He's not the biggest kid and will need to fill out before making the jump to pro but he has a couple of years to do so. Could also improve in the circle , although he wasn't bad for a 17 year old rookie. He'll tell you himself he'll have to bring more physically as well.

I say there's a %70 chance he makes it as an NHL regular. I see top-6 upside and I'm not sure he'd be effective in a bottom6 role. 25 goal , 50 points projection. He draws some comparison to Matthew Lombardi.

Expect him to have a big year in Chicoutimi.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Fast 2 way forward with decent puck skills and a very good work ethic, think Antoine Vermette type player. Upside probably around 20g-20a for NHL.

Laurent Dauphin can do everything. He doesn't stop and is a very hard worker. He's a smooth skater,very agile,with great hands. Strong puck skills. Very quick release with decent accuracy. He's creative and his vision is exceptional .Speed and versatility are his biggest strengths. Hs offensive game is high and while his defensive game isn't bad , it could be worked on. He's not the biggest kid and will need to fill out before making the jump to pro but he has a couple of years to do so. Could also improve in the circle , although he wasn't bad for a 17 year old rookie. He'll tell you himself he'll have to bring more physically as well.

I say there's a %70 chance he makes it as an NHL regular. I see top-6 upside and I'm not sure he'd be effective in a bottom6 role. 25 goal , 50 points projection. He draws some comparison to Matthew Lombardi.

Expect him to have a big year in Chicoutimi.

Thank you very much!

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Really wanted Columbus to snag him. Love his combination of work ethic and skill. Just needs to gain lower body strength. This time next year I predict people will almost unanimously have him in their top 15 or higher in their re-drafts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad