C Kocha Delic - Sudbury Wolves, OHL (2022 Draft)

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

Kocha Delic - really good wheels, nice vision, plus hands and solid both ways. Not much production so far, but also really limited opportunity, playing L3/4 in Sudbury because the coach wants to spread out the youth.

Reactions: howlman

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Kocha Delic - really good wheels, nice vision, plus hands and solid both ways. Not much production so far, but also really limited opportunity, playing L3/4 in Sudbury because the coach wants to spread out the youth.
Really good hands indeed, one of the quickest I've seen so far from this year's draft class. Second best point getter on his team, 11-17-28 in 36 games. 2-10-12 in the last 6. Has gotten more opportunities lately I suppose?

beast mode

Oct 27, 2020
He has 3 goals 12 assists in last 15 games. Plays the wing with Goyette and they are now the dynamic duo for the Sudbury Wolves. Impressive chemistry going on there.

The draft lists look terrible because of the OHL not playing for a year. He started on a checking role with Sudbury but now on the first line he showcases his skills. I love his compete level. No way he’s 200th in NA.

Reactions: Uncle

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Really good hands indeed, one of the quickest I've seen so far from this year's draft class. Second best point getter on his team, 11-17-28 in 36 games. 2-10-12 in the last 6. Has gotten more opportunities lately I suppose?
yes finally more oppurtunities

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
Delic played a strong game tonight against Barrie. 1 goal on a rebound and two helpers tonight. He has grit and plays hard. Definitely a riser for the draft.

Reactions: tunnelvision

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Delic played a strong game tonight against Barrie. 1 goal on a rebound and two helpers tonight. He has grit and plays hard. Definitely a riser for the draft.
Looked very good on the PP tonight, a lot of great battling, playmaking and passing. Mishandles the puck much less than his linemate Goyette.

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
Projects as a bottom 6 winger . He grinds but doesn’t have the playmaking skills and speed Goyette has. When he keeps a simple game he’s efficient. He racks points since playing with Goyette which is good.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Guess I'm a little higher of his offensive upside. Certainly doesn't have the speed and size of Goyette but his hands and passing skills are at least as good as Goyette's.

JMac13

Jan 10, 2011
Undrafted.

Strong start to the season though. 6 points in 2 games.
Believe he only has 5 points through two but strong start regardless! I seem to be higher on this kid than most (including NHL teams) and really think he should have been drafted last year.

Obviously playing with Goyette/Konyen will help his point totals but the games I've watched he's the straw that stirs the drink on that line. Always buzzing around hounding pucks and pressuring defenseman and I think his hands, vision and playmaking skills are being severely underrated. If that line continues to click he'll put up a lot of points this year as a primary contributor, not just a passenger to Goyette.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Believe he only has 5 points through two but strong start regardless! I seem to be higher on this kid than most (including NHL teams) and really think he should have been drafted last year.

Obviously playing with Goyette/Konyen will help his point totals but the games I've watched he's the straw that stirs the drink on that line. Always buzzing around hounding pucks and pressuring defenseman and I think his hands, vision and playmaking skills are being severely underrated. If that line continues to click he'll put up a lot of points this year as a primary contributor, not just a passenger to Goyette.
Delic is 100% the most important player on that line, he'll skate through a wall at 100mph to make a play. I still can't believe he got passed up considering some of the players who were drafted. Going to make a lot of teams regret not taking him in the 7th last year I think.

Reactions: JMac13 and howlman

NorthernBridge7

Dec 26, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I hear people talk a lot about looking for "compete" when scouting. This guy has got this in spades - he never takes a shift or game off. He plays with Goyette, but he surely is no passenger!

Reactions: JMac13

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Obviously playing with Goyette/Konyen will help his point totals but the games I've watched he's the straw that stirs the drink on that line. Always buzzing around hounding pucks and pressuring defenseman and I think his hands, vision and playmaking skills are being severely underrated.
Delic is 100% the most important player on that line, he'll skate through a wall at 100mph to make a play.
I hear people talk a lot about looking for "compete" when scouting. This guy has got this in spades - he never takes a shift or game off. He plays with Goyette, but he surely is no passenger!

Reactions: JMac13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad