C Keighan Gerrie - Thunder Bay North Stars, SIJHL (2019 Draft)

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
5'11" 185lbs
Right handed shot
Born April 6th, 2001

Will play for the Minnesota Wilderness (NAHL) next season. Committed to Bowling Green (NCAA) the following year. (was also drafted by the London Knights)

I'm not sure if he makes it or even gets drafted this year, but personally I'm rooting for him. I think he's a skilled player and a good leader so someone might take a chance on him in the later rounds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
It’s an extremely weak league, it doesn’t mean he can’t come out of it and be a pro or get drafted but I’d be a skeptic until he shows it at a higher level.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
It’s an extremely weak league, it doesn’t mean he can’t come out of it and be a pro or get drafted but I’d be a skeptic until he shows it at a higher level.
Definitely. As far as I know, no player has ever been drafted directly out of the league. But scouts are paying attention to him.

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
Honestly the SIJHL is about as good as the NA3. It’s not horrible hockey but he needs to prove he belongs in the NA or USHL.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I live in Thunder Bay, I never heard of this team. lol

They need to bring a USHL team back here, seems like we were in that league before it got good.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
For perspective, a D on his team who couldn't stay in a lineup in the Q and O had 33 goals and 102 points finished 2nd in the league.

The 3rd highest scorer in the league with 101 points was playing Junior B the year prior after being cut from the MJHL (lower than the BCHL and AJHL) after 1 point in 8 games

The 4th highest scorer in the league with 90 points, had 1 point in 10 games in the SJHL (lower than BCHL and AJHL) and was cut the year prior.

It's a very, very bad level of play.

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
For perspective, a D on his team who couldn't stay in a lineup in the Q and O had 33 goals and 102 points finished 2nd in the league.

The 3rd highest scorer in the league with 101 points was playing Junior B the year prior after being cut from the MJHL (lower than the BCHL and AJHL) after 1 point in 8 games

The 4th highest scorer in the league with 90 points, had 1 point in 10 games in the SJHL (lower than BCHL and AJHL) and was cut the year prior.

It's a very, very bad level of play.
Those guys are like 2-3 years older than Gerrie and not as skilled. I'm not saying Gerrie is some superstar, but I think he'll thrive in the USHL should he choose to play there.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Bowling Green is an excellent D1 program and he was a first round USHL draft pick so he’s obviously been identified as having some talent. Some kids are late bloomers, some just play where the situation they are in allows at the time - not everybody with talent and a future has to come though the GTHL or CSSHL and then on to a top Junior A league. I’m not saying he’s a sure thing or that he’s anything but an anomaly in an otherwise poor league but he’s been identified as a very legit prospect by multiple clubs in the development ladder, poor league last year or not.

Newfoundland

Jun 19, 2016
Newfoundland
Those guys are like 2-3 years older than Gerrie and not as skilled. I'm not saying Gerrie is some superstar, but I think he'll thrive in the USHL should he choose to play there.

The guy is a Dman and is only 2 years old and has like 102 points in 52 games. Thats be a pro level there lol. Anyways if he has a D1 commitment BG must think he has potential so we shall see how he does next season.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
The guy is a Dman and is only 2 years old and has like 102 points in 52 games. Thats be a pro level there lol. Anyways if he has a D1 commitment BG must think he has potential so we shall see how he does next season.
He was also drafted by the London Knights, but presumably opted out so he could go to college

Reactions: Newfoundland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad