C Justin Robidas - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2021, 147th, CAR)

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I hope the Islanders, Stars or Leafs draft him.
The Islanders because Island is in the name, the Leafs cause his dad played for them and what the term robidas island was names after, the Stars cause his dad was a long time player on thw Dallas Stars in his career.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Lakeheadfan95

Jul 19, 2019
Fort William Gardens
I saw this kid play at the Telus cup here in Thunder Bay, he was hands down the best player in the tournament, and that's considering Degrazia is a B rated prospect by central scouting. The only knock against him is his height but honestly there's lots of small players who make it nowadays.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
1+1, +2, 9 sog, 20/28 at face-offs
- team got the W and Justin got the 1st star selection.

13th in face-off wins this season, but 2nd in face-off wins per game (not an official stat :))
and 1st in face-offs taken per game - he has played only 8 games this season

From players that has taken 100 or more face-offs, his 58.5 face-off % is 3rd best in the Q.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Last 3 games, 2 goals, 3 assists, 5 points, +4 with 13 shots on goal....however...
that's not as impressive how his face-offs been......

Last 4 games, he has taken 88 face-offs and won 64% of them.
- high : 74.2 (28 face-offs) low : 55.6 (27 face-offs)

11 points in 10 games so far this season.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
2 goal night, 4 shots on goal (3 of them were dangerous scoring chances)
yet again was superb at the face-offs, 12/19 (65%)

6 goals, 8 assists (1.16 ppg) +5 | 50 shots on goal
155/255 at face-offs 60% | he has 3 above 40% games, from early of the season
what lowers his face-off%

LHJMQ – Incluant la couverture en direct des matchs, des clips audio et vidéo nouvelles exclusives, billets, statistiques, classements, horaires et autres.
- doesn't look like 5 foot 7 in these highlights, not to my eyes anyways.
more like 5 8, or slightly taller

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Point streak continues, as Foreurs beat Rimouski, 1+1 this time. +2, 12/18 at face-offs with 5 shots on goal (2 dangerous scoring chances).
November face-off % is 65 (173 face-offs taken).

8+12=20 | 1.43 ppg | +8 | 54 sog | about 300 face-offs taken, 60.1% face-offs won

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
A quick game report on his performance on November 13th 2020 :

Robidas is a speedy and opportunistic attacker who used his excellent skating abilities and delightful offensive instincts to fuse to the attack smoothly. The right-handed centerman showed a splendid speed and very quick stride that allowed him to push the pace in transition as a rapid outlet option. He enjoyed including himself in all sorts of counterattacks, following rushes closely and trying to sneak to the slot. As the puck carrier, Robidas occasionally caught defensemans flat footed thanks to his blazing speed and high-tempo rushes, but his lack of size and strength often kept him away from cutting into the middle ice. Most rearguards were very underwhelmed with his 5 foot 7 frame and were able to redirect him to the outside effortlessly. Robidas showed encouraging habits in his puck protection while circling around the perimeter, keeping his feet under him to maintain speed and keeping his head up to look for passing options. He looked very poised in his decision-making, showing a patience to wait for the right passing lane. Perhaps Robidas best asset, the Canadian prospect showcased the uncanny ability to create high-danger scoring chances without the puck, time and again opening himself in key areas to give prime setup options to his teammates. He read plays effortlessly and got to his spots in a very instinctive manner, allowing him to flow with the attack fluidly. With that said, the 2021 eligible showed a complete lack of power in his shot, and improving this very aspect of his game could be key for him to become an elite finisher. It seemed to keep him away from being considered a goalscoring threat despite his constant involvement. Robidas exhibited his wonderful motor from the get go tonight, actively pursuing the puck on the forecheck and getting involved in board plays without any hesitations. He loved battling for pucks in corners, and flashed an excellent balance to fight off checks. With the few pucks he retrieved offensively, Robidas seemed to always try and send the disc back to the point, an easy and simple way to restart the cycle. The Canadian centerman showed a willingness to put the effort on the back check at times, and he was heavily trusted on to defend on the penalty kill. He also showed above average skills at the face-off dot, winning 20 of his 28 face-offs tonight. With terrific instincts, speed and compete, Robidas already possesses an excellent base to build on, with the upside to become a complementary piece on a middle 6 line at the NHL level.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Such a strong player for his size, really good at taking face-offs, 520 face-offs taken, won about 60%.
31 points in 31 games, +9 to boot.
I'm curious if you've ever actually watched any of these prospects or just always looking at the stat sheet?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I'm curious if you've ever actually watched any of these prospects or just always looking at the stat sheet?

Highlight videos.
From chl sites, from twitter,
i try to google as much as i can to find info about every prospect i focus on
try to find scouts who might have better isnight of a player.

I admit, there have prospects that i have stat watched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad