Confirmed with Link: C. Jones and P. Kurashev get Qualifying Offers

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Cheap players, Caleb is not great but can at least play as a 7th Dman. Kurashev I feel has a bit of untapped potential, so we'll see how he progresses with more TOI and opportunities.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
I like him too. Should’ve spent 2020-21 in Rockford and I think that would’ve helped him a ton. I don’t think the legit top-6 upside was ever there but I think he can be a Swiss Army knife I go he top-9.
Pun intended?

He had 21 points last year, 17 of which were primary. Quite a few of his points were off a rush. He needs to develop better instincts in the offensive zone- finding soft spots for shots and knowing where his line mates are going to set-up scoring chances.

Reactions: dougd

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Well we need some f***ing bodies to suit up...

I said Jones stays because his bro is here and he is decent. Kurashev I thought would have shown more by now but could have Hagel numbers with lots of ice time then get moved for 2 firsts as well...

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I just can’t believe the Hawks couldn’t get at least a 7th any of these players…
Kubalik Strome Kalynuk…really?
Maybe a similar signing right after free agency happens just like it did for Malcom Subban, David Kampf and I believe Marcus Kruger in years past…ugh

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I just can’t believe the Hawks couldn’t get at least a 7th any of these players…
Kubalik Strome Kalynuk…really?
Maybe a similar signing right after free agency happens just like it did for Malcom Subban, David Kampf and I believe Marcus Kruger in years past…ugh
Think again, why would you want to send that message that sure a 6th is fine a 7th is fine?

People are already pissed for Cat's trade return value. You don't just set your mark at pointless value. You then set terrible limits

And 6th and 7ths are so little value. You can get one for nothing trading down in draft days. It's not worth trading every single thing you possibly can for worthless value. It sets bad looks to players signing and the league gms in judging your value

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Happy for Kurashev and I think he will have a good season. He'll be one of our best forwards with plenty of ice time. Somebody will score some points and I think there is a chance it's going to be him in the Top 6.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
No brainer on Kurashev imo, he's young and a good skater, maybe the new coaching staff can develop better consistency and habits.

But C. Jones, not that I mind him as a player necessarily, but now we have 3 (very mediocre) bodies on LD who are blocking the kids' path. I think it would've been nice to open up at least one spot that can be rotated for the kids.

Plus, maybe if we jettison him, Seth gets pushed more towards asking out. That should legit be an actual priority.

Reactions: ctheham

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad