C Joel Teasdale - Blainville-Boisbriand Armada, QMJHL (2017 undrafted, signed by MTL)

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Teasdale hasn't stopped improving this year and he might just be the best forward overall already on this surprising Armada team.

A QMJHL 1st rounder, the rookie forward Teasdale, who's already over 6'0 and 200lbs, has incredible hockey sense. He just always seems to be in a good spot, he is very involved, makes smart plays both offensively and defensively. Very good skating and although he isnt dominant offensively (yet), you can tell he has every tool. He can shoot, he can pass, he can dangle, and he protects the puck extremely well.

Don't look at the score sheet too much as he was under utilized this season since he's just a rookie and also was playing on a very poor, non-offensive team, so he doesnt have huge stats.

Ranked 11th overall for the 2017 NHL draft by Button: http://www.tsn.ca/get-to-know-them-p...-2017-1.389307

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
I am surprised to see Button had him ranked at #11 at one point, and that he didn't go drafted. I thought he was great in tonights exhibition game and showed glimpses he could be an NHLer. Montreal sits at 48 contracts right now, hopefully they find a way to sign him.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
I am surprised to see Button had him ranked at #11 at one point, and that he didn't go drafted. I thought he was great in tonights exhibition game and showed glimpses he could be an NHLer. Montreal sits at 48 contracts right now, hopefully they find a way to sign him.

Yea that was just dumb, he had a good u17s and Button likely saw that. Can't really blame him since its really hard to rank guys a year in advance , and its just his "players to watch for the draft after this" where he usually hasn't seen all the players or nearly enough of him, but still he never had that talent level.

Probably should have been picked though

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Yea that was just dumb, he had a good u17s and Button likely saw that. Can't really blame him since its really hard to rank guys a year in advance , and its just his "players to watch for the draft after this" where he usually hasn't seen all the players or nearly enough of him, but still he never had that talent level.

Probably should have been picked though
Yeah, trying to have any sort of order to a draft 18 months before it happens is insanity. A majority of these kids have played 8 weeks of CHL or Major Junior hockey at that point, and most Euro's are in their U-18 or u-20 leagues. A guy like Patrick in that situation is a bit more predictable because he's a late birthday.

Even from the lists that get released every September which have significantly more info put into them we see crazy falls. I still remember Sokolov being a top 10 contender and not being drafted until the 7th. Similar situation with Nick Ebert. You can probably realistically expect about a 1/3 or 1/4 of Bob's and Craig's lists (let's cap Craig's at top 20 to be fair) put out this week won't be drafted in the 1st round.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada

If they sign him, he will be sent back to junior and would have an entry-level slide. He wouldn't count against the 50 contract limit until next season.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Kept confusing him (#86) with Suzuki (#88) last night. Few times I was really pumped about Suzuki just to find out it was actually Teasdale who made the play.

Reactions: RoyalHabs

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Kept confusing him (#86) with Suzuki (#88) last night. Few times I was really pumped about Suzuki just to find out it was actually Teasdale who made the play.

The RDS guys made this mistake too and I always find it strange when people do.

One's right-handed and the other's left-handed. It's easily the most instantly recognisable thing about any player.

You can be looking at a player from the front or the side and not get a clear view of their number. But their handedness is obvious from any angle.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012

One's right-handed and the other's left-handed. It's easily the most instantly recognisable thing about any player.

You can be looking at a player from the front or the side and not get a clear view of their number. But their handedness is obvious from any angle.

I don't really pay attention to a player's handedness, but then again I could just be strange. I'd also be lying if I'd tell you I'd know which side Teasdale shots. Suzuki was also pretty invisible last night.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

Lol you think people have an encyclopediac knoledge of prospects handness?

Reactions: LastWordArmy

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Yeah, basically.

There are only two possible options available. It's pretty much like knowing whether a skater is a forward or defenseman.
I have the same ability. I see a player once and I will never forget what hand he shoots with.

I have come to learn that that is a unique quirk of my (and your) brain.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Anybody knows why he was never drafted? In 2017, most pre-draft rankings had him drafted in the 3rd or 4th round.

I think many times it's just a victim of circumstance. There may be a bunch of teams who rate him in THEIR top 100 but by time 7 rounds are over guys they had rated higher on their list are still left in rounders 5, 6 and 7

Reactions: B33K33PING

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
He’s been a thorn in the Mooseheads side for years now. Very hard nosed hard working clutch player. Hate him but wish he was on my team. Deserves every accolade he receives. Congrats to him and the Memorial Cup Champs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad