C Jere Lassila - JYP Jyväskylä, Liiga (2022 NHL Undrafted )

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Been the best Finn at the WJC's.
Absolutely and clear margin.
Is summer 2024 final that summer when Lassila gets drafted to NHL somewhere rounds 4 -7.

Lassila reminds me so much of Sakari Manninen
he at least will be good / very good euro player in SHL / NLA if he won't be NHL player.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Just an speculation.
Should Jukka Jalonen take Jere Lassila to Finland's IIHF worlds training camp after JYP's liiga season?

Lassila has played so well in these U20 WJC's
he should be considered to men's national team in some EHT tournament
this coming spring but of course Lassila needs to play well in JYP too to make that happen.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Wouldnt be surprised if he gets drafted on the late rounds on the next draft, showing some actual skills in the WJC, and even more importantly dude has some mean streak in his game, and loves the physical part of the game.

His skills or skating will never be enough for a top6 in the NHL, but how about a dude who will never back down, and causes chaos every one and then, as your 3rd or 4th center, and sometimes actually scores too? I think thats something someone will take a stab at, if not for the skills or the size or the scoring ability, then for the attitude he has showed in WJC, dude is a warrior.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Big game player.

Leads Finland in team scoring.
Was the player who broke up the empty net opportunity by Sweden to allow Finland to go the other way and tie the game.
Scored the winner vs Slovakia.

Kinda reminds me of Brendan Gallagher.

Reactions: FinPanda

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
The way when he just pushed over against the Swedish center even before the puck was dropped on 3on3 overtime just made me understand what kind of player we are talking about, he creates havoc, and wants all of it, while smiling.

Big game player.

Leads Finland in team scoring.
Was the player who broke up the empty net opportunity by Sweden to allow Finland to go the other way and tie the game.
Scored the winner vs Slovakia.

Kinda reminds me of Brendan Gallagher.
Could not have come up with a better comparison, this dude is exactly like Gallagher, i was thinking about comparisons but you got it.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
I promise you, every scout has noticed the "attitude" he plays with, and if they have not they should be fired. Dude who pushes the opposing center out of the faceoff before the referee is even ready to drop the puck catches some eyes among the NA scouts, i really hope this dude gets a chance in the NHL at some point. There isnt too many guys from Finland or even europe who are willing to f*** with people in the NHL, (like Seider: ) But i think Lassila might be one who could easily go for a career like Jarkko Ruutu.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I promise you, every scout has noticed the "attitude" he plays with, and if they have not they should be fired. Dude who pushes the opposing center out of the faceoff before the referee is even ready to drop the puck catches some eyes among the NA scouts, i really hope this dude gets a chance in the NHL at some point. There isnt too many guys from Finland or even europe who are willing to f*** with people in the NHL, (like Seider: ) But i think Lassila might be one who could easily go for a career like Jarkko Ruutu.

Jarkko Ruutu was more 4th line agitator and work-horse than scoring oriented player like Lassila is.
Ruutu was also one the most hated players with Sean Avery when he played in NHL.
To me Lassila reminds more of Sakari Manninen than J Ruutu.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Has scored four of his five Liiga goals in the past four games and has averaged almost 19 minutes of ice time since returning from Gothenburg.

Obviously, scouts have seen him play a lot since he turns 20 in March.

Is what he did at the WJC and his current stretch enough to attract attention or is this pretty much the peak of his potential?

Reactions: GordieHowYaDoin

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
The way when he just pushed over against the Swedish center even before the puck was dropped on 3on3 overtime just made me understand what kind of player we are talking about, he creates havoc, and wants all of it, while smiling.

Could not have come up with a better comparison, this dude is exactly like Gallagher, i was thinking about comparisons but you got it.
This player really caught my eye at the World Jrs as well but the player that came to mind for me was Vladimir Sobotka. That remotely accurate? I don’t think he quite has the skills of Gallagher but I’d absolutely use a 4th to 7th round pick on this guy. He’s a gamer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad