C Jean-Christophe Beaudin - Rouyn-Noranda Huskies, QMJHL (2015, 71st, COL)

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Why have I not heard anything from him. Seems like a good prospect. 51 points in 68 games, decent size (6"1). Anything that is not so good about his abilities. Where is he going to go in the draft?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=204169

We have him 59th, very smart two-way winger. very good playmaker. Not sold on his scoring potential yet but could become a very useful player on a 3rd line. I like smart player and he's one. Played the point on the PP on some of my viewings this year.

brunosevigny

Jan 13, 2012
Really like him as a prospect. Potential late round steal. I live near RN and I had the chance to see him play quite often this year. Very nice progression through the year, Hopefully he falls to the habs in the 5th round!!!

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Really liking this pick. He has 8G+11A in 15 games so far this year. Decent skater with good vision and a great release. Still has a ways to go but looking like he has mid 6 potential.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Huskies top 6 is a joy to watch. Beaudin kinda got lost in the shuffle with the rest of the Avs draft class but he's looking like a nice pick. He had a pretty decent camp with the Avs as well. He should blow by his goal totals from last year.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
4 assists and 1st star tonight. 1 goal and 3 assists last night and 1 goal in the QMJHL vs Russia series while being named player of the game the night before. 28 pts in 20 games on the year

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
he's played so much hockey with Waked, has Colorado invited him to any camps? They've played on the same team their entire Q careers on the same team and played together before that. Might be a good comfort signing (Bill Arnold to Gaudreau)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
he's played so much hockey with Waked, has Colorado invited him to any camps? They've played on the same team their entire Q careers on the same team and played together before that. Might be a good comfort signing (Bill Arnold to Gaudreau)

I wouldn't be opposed, can never have enough Huskies but we already have Nantel and Greer too and had a look at Marchand. They invited Viel to camp who I believe is another player from that midget team?

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
He is so underrated. I love watching him, such a smart player.

Back to back 4 point nights for Beaudin this weekend.
Agree. His hockey IQ, defensive awareness and faceoff ability could make him a strong possibility for the #3C in Colorado. Hope he keeps developing well.

monsieurthibz

Oct 8, 2016
Montreal
Any chance he cracks up the Avs line-up next year? It's not like he smoked the Q this year, but he seems like a reliable 2-way center the Avs could use down the road. Looks like a couple of guys (Greer, Compher, Beaudin, Grigorenko *sigh*.. Jost?) are going to be battling for a few bottom-6 roster spots..

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Any chance he cracks up the Avs line-up next year? It's not like he smoked the Q this year, but he seems like a reliable 2-way center the Avs could use down the road. Looks like a couple of guys (Greer, Compher, Beaudin, Grigorenko *sigh*.. Jost?) are going to be battling for a few bottom-6 roster spots..

If they do put him in the NHL itd be a mistake. Look at Gauthier in Toronto as an example on how he should be developed. He needs time in the AHL to develop properly

monsieurthibz

Oct 8, 2016
Montreal
If they do put him in the NHL itd be a mistake. Look at Gauthier in Toronto as an example on how he should be developed. He needs time in the AHL to develop properly
I guess it all depends on how he's been developing with his junior team. Some players have the chance to work with extremely qualified training and coaching staff (I'd consider Rouyn as one of them), while others are the complete opposite.

Now I'm not saying Rimouski did no good to Gauthier, far from that, but in his case I feel like he's never really had to use his big frame, and the transition from the Q to the pro circuit, where he HAS to use his body in order to gain control of the puck and get a certain advantage on his opponent, has been a bit harder than expected.

I just felt that Beaudin progressed really well these last couple of years, and thought he had the maturity has a player to have a solid junior-pro transition. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

I'm not really concerned they'd do that, the Avs don't go full kid movement.

Obviously thrilled he was signed, one of my favorite prospects to watch. Will be fun seeing him in pro next year. Love the combo of great defensive play and offensive creativity in him. He's developed his shot too, not a sniper but he has a pro level shot now.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Second consecutive season breaking 80 points in the Q. 20 points in 13 playoff games which lead the league at the time of his elimination a few nights ago. Top faceoff man in the league. Definitely a great year for Beaudin. He appeared to be highly liked in his early junior days due to his intelligence and two way game but his offense has really taken off.

With his contract signed he's a lock to be playing pro hockey next year. That means in his QMJHL career which started at the age of 16 he has 215 points in 195 regular season games. Also he has 44 points in 38 career Q playoff games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad