C Jared Davidson - Seattle Thunderbirds, WHL (2022, 130th, MTL)

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
34th and 35th goal vs TriCity...

GPGAPTS+/-PIMPPGSHGSOGFOW

Last edited:

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Davidson is the revelation of Habs training camp so far. Scoring goals. Making an impact on almost every shift. Who knows how long it lasts.
I put him in the same page as RHP and Simoneau as far as their first few pro years go. All up to him, but he can definitely be a good pro, whether NHL or not

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Thanks for the videos. If I may suggest one thing: when you put a sequence in slow mo, is it possible to take off the sound? It's a bit weird to hear the slow Mo commentary. I don't mean to be picky and if it's more work than I imagine it to be, it makes sense to not take up that suggestion.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Is he still on an AHL deal? Surprised they haven’t signed him yet. Unless cap friendly is not updated, he can become a free agent on June 1st.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It'll come end of season. They did the same thing with Simoneau and RHP
Yeah 98% of the time they just sign with the nhl team because they are already in the system and building up goodwill with that AHL team. Only real reason he wouldn’t is if a different organization could make promises of a quicker path to the nhl.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Yeah 98% of the time they just sign with the nhl team because they are already in the system and building up goodwill with that AHL team. Only real reason he wouldn’t is if a different organization could make promises of a quicker path to the nhl.
I don't think it works that way for him though I believe they have his exclusive rights for another year

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I don't think it works that way for him though I believe they have his exclusive rights for another year
He was drafted in 2022 from the WHL. CBA gives you 2 years to sign players from the CHL. Had he been 17 at the time he was drafted, then if he went unsigned he'd go back into the Draft. However, he was drafted in his third go around after his aged 19 season, after being unselected the prior two drafts. He played an overage season in the WHL last season and signed an AHL contract this season. That means he comes off the reserve list and could theoretically become an unrestricted free agent on June 1, 2024. Not saying that will happen, nor would I expect it to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad