LW Jakob Pelletier - Moncton Wildcats, QMJHL (2019, 26th, CGY)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Weird to me that Caufield is still getting ranked higher than him... that may be changing soon.

Reactions: NLRAIDERS

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Weird to me that Caufield is still getting ranked higher than him... that may be changing soon.
As of now I've got him ahead of Caufield. I like Caufield but he's more of a one note player kind of like Wahlstrom last year and even Kaliyev this year. Just a pure sniper. No problem with that, but I like that Pelletier has a really well rounded game.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
As of now I've got him ahead of Caufield. I like Caufield but he's more of a one note player kind of like Wahlstrom last year and even Kaliyev this year. Just a pure sniper. No problem with that, but I like that Pelletier has a really well rounded game.

Yeah, I think Caufield has an advantage in the shot department for sure.

But Pelletier is a better skater and has better hands. Overall I think he offers more.

TheProspectNetwork

Jan 3, 2018
theprospectnetwork.ca

I think Caufield is a better playmaker than he gets credit for. Unfortunately, he hasn't produced near as much as I thought he would this year, but he is still a good prospect. As for Pelletier, he'd definitely be ahead of Caufield in my book, but I see both as top 15 guys this year.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I think Caufield is a better playmaker than he gets credit for. Unfortunately, he hasn't produced near as much as I thought he would this year, but he is still a good prospect. As for Pelletier, he'd definitely be ahead of Caufield in my book, but I see both as top 15 guys this year.
I'm not saying Caufield is a bad playmaker at all. But Pelletier is ahead of him in that category whereas Caufield is the better sniper. But I'm right with you that they're both top 15 players.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
The way things are currently looking, it would be a huge failure if Pelletier fell out of the top 15. His IQ is too high to ignore.

My thoughts too. Yes he plays on a very good Moncton team but hes more often than not the best player on that team.

The one concern I would have is that hes fearless and has no problem taking a hit to drive the net or make a play. At his size he will usually take the worst of a hit and has already led to some injuries.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
2 more goals tonight. All he does is create offense. With a draft that has a drop-off after the top 15 or so, it’s crazy people are undervaluing him still.

Was a similar story with Heponiemi too... I don’t get why this old school mentality still lingers.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
But he plays for Moncton. Wouldn't he go to school there? Unless NB has CEGEPs but I don't believe they do

NB doesn’t have CEGEPs but due to his age, he’s still enrolled in the CEGEP program. Him and Desnoyers didn’t play last night as they were in Quebec for CEGEP exams.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He plays bigger than his size. I saw him play in midget and I was really suprised to see how short he was listed at the time of the draft. I don't think it will be an issue as his lower body seems really strong.
Does he have St. Louis legs?
1902gzy5wjbrqjpg.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad