C Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson - Boston University, NCAA (2015, 45th, BOS)

Rogie21

Sep 10, 2005
A skilled playmaker with first-rate face off skills, Forsbacka-Karlsson is part of a loaded BU recruit class for 2015, along with NTDP left wing Jordan Greenway (Central Scouting #22), Blues 2014 #2 pick center Maxim Letunov, Robert Carpenter (Bobby’s son) and NTDP D Charlie McAvoy, a projected 2nd rounder in 2016.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKsS_prswj8

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007
Bump. How is he looking?

As a Bruins fan living in New England I have gotten to see JFK a few times this season and was impressed. He doesn't jump off the ice in terms of being noticeable shift over shift but his awareness and hands are fantastic. I've seen a few assists that were just next level in terms of awareness and hockey IQ, quickly moving the puck to a teammate in a prime shooting spot and displaying fantastic peripheral vision. I think most of the projections have him as a future third line center, face off guy, penalty killer...or Bergeron Jr as he is sometimes referred to and that seems accurate. His point totals have certainly been solid for a freshmen post draft but not other-wordly but the type of points he scores and the game he plays make me think they will translate to the next level as its a very pro game....could see him being a 15-18 goal, 30-35 assist guy who plays in all situations, takes some key draws if all breaks right.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
As a Bruins fan living in New England I have gotten to see JFK a few times this season and was impressed. He doesn't jump off the ice in terms of being noticeable shift over shift but his awareness and hands are fantastic. I've seen a few assists that were just next level in terms of awareness and hockey IQ, quickly moving the puck to a teammate in a prime shooting spot and displaying fantastic peripheral vision. I think most of the projections have him as a future third line center, face off guy, penalty killer...or Bergeron Jr as he is sometimes referred to and that seems accurate. His point totals have certainly been solid for a freshmen post draft but not other-wordly but the type of points he scores and the game he plays make me think they will translate to the next level as its a very pro game....could see him being a 15-18 goal, 30-35 assist guy who plays in all situations, takes some key draws if all breaks right.
Brilliant, thanks!

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Seems like Boston killed it in the second round.

I am a big fan of Carlo and this kid seems legit.

Not to mention Lauzon too. Great second round… The first, not so much.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Way too early to say this. Senyshyn has done everything we've wanted him to do this year, he was the biggest riser in the draft and is basically a year behind everyone. I was very iffy on the DeBrusk pick and still am, but he's doing fine as well. Zboril has had a back and forth year but defensemen take a long time to pan out. He still has high potential.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006

And Jesse Gabrielle in the 4th round, who could be the best of the bunch. Overall the Bruins had a very strong draft despite what every non-Bruins fan considers a weak first round in which they had 3 picks! :laugh:

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Way too early to say this. Senyshyn has done everything we've wanted him to do this year, he was the biggest riser in the draft and is basically a year behind everyone. I was very iffy on the DeBrusk pick and still am, but he's doing fine as well. Zboril has had a back and forth year but defensemen take a long time to pan out. He still has high potential.

Is it early? Yes. Will the guys the B's took pan out? Quite possibly.

But if you look at the guys they passed on, even if you just use the next three after their picks, it looks pretty sketchy.

Noi sleight to the prospects chosen, just thought they could've hit a home run.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Was able to see him live last night for the UMass vs. BU game of the opening round of the Hockey East tournament. Originally I was mostly intent on just watching McAvoy but I was also impressed by Forsbacka-Karlsson. He is definitely scrappy and started or continued a good amount of scrums. Long story short he won't back down. He scored 2 goals both pretty much in rebound scenarios. I like that he is a very smart player and knows where he needs to be on the ice and goes there. Solid passing too. Very good all-around player just needed to be a bit more consistent throughout the game. Great hands though...I can see his ceiling being a 2nd line playmaking center.

On a side note, wow are BU's facilities nice. My first thought when entering Agganis arena was wow these guys don't mess around. Easy to see why Forsbacka-Karlsson went there

617Marine

Aug 17, 2012
Boston
Was able to see him live last night for the UMass vs. BU game of the opening round of the Hockey East tournament. Originally I was mostly intent on just watching McAvoy but I was also impressed by Forsbacka-Karlsson. He is definitely scrappy and started or continued a good amount of scrums. Long story short he won't back down. He scored 2 goals both pretty much in rebound scenarios. I like that he is a very smart player and knows where he needs to be on the ice and goes there. Solid passing too. Very good all-around player just needed to be a bit more consistent throughout the game. Great hands though...I can see his ceiling being a 2nd line playmaking center.

On a side note, wow are BU's facilities nice. My first thought when entering Agganis arena was wow these guys don't mess around. Easy to see why Forsbacka-Karlsson went there

Thanks for your in-person observation. I haven't been able to see him in person, myself, but does he remind you at all of Bergeron? Just with his skating style, hands, and vision?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad