C Jacob Peterson - Färjestad BK, SHL (2017, 132nd, DAL)

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Electric player. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but with the cuts announced today I believe he officially has made the opening night roster.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Still 3 more cuts to go ( Dellandrea , Bäck and Oettinger ) and Bishop to be put LTIR before its 100% certain but since the beat writers assume Peterson makes the roster i think it happens.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Not really a suprise anymore but expected . He was only "send down" as a paper transaction. Will be making his NHL debut on thursday in the Stars season opener.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I have no idea what to expect of him. He has very good numbers in the SHL last season, much improved from the previous year. I haven't heard much about him, though. He's not considered a top prospect by most, well, at least the lists I've seen.

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
He was a "sleeper" pick for Draftin Europe all the way back in 2016-2017. He didn't get much attention playing on a deep Frolunda J20 squad that featured Kristian Vesalainen, Joni Ikonen and some vets ahead of him on the depth chart. We rated him as late 2nd rounder value for the draft. Pretty happy that he is going to make his NHL debut.

Here is a small tidbit from the end of his 2017 draft guide profile:

peterson.jpg

Hopefully he can stick around.

Reactions: Timani

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Happy for him. He's a local kid, same town as Rasmus Dahlin, where hockey really isn't a thing. Only town in the world where the obscure sport Bandy is THE only sport people care about.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I haven’t seen a Stars prospect make the team that was so far out of left field in a long time. He killed it in Traverse City, training camp and preseason. Now he’s probably gonna be riding shotgun to Seguin and Radulov for most of the season.

Reactions: HankyZetts

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I haven’t seen a Stars prospect make the team that was so far out of left field in a long time. He killed it in Traverse City, training camp and preseason. Now he’s probably gonna be riding shotgun to Seguin and Radulov for most of the season.

Janmark wasn't that long ago.

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

He's got a long way to match the great Fabian Brunnström's debut.

Reactions: Seiza and Eye of Ra

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think he was the Stars best forward tonight. You can see why the coaching staff loves him. Defensively responsible , smart and a skilled . Very good debut

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Janmark was the centerpiece of a deadline deal and had AHL experience. Peterson 2021 was way more of a shock making the roster than Janmark was in 2015

Idk about that Janmark was not expected to make the team right after he came over from Sweden ( Janmark didn't even have a picture in the team media guide for 15/16 ( Peterson does for 21/22 btw ) they hand out to member of the media ) and neither was Peterson but both imho where expected to make the NHL at some point . Just not that fast. Peterson was by far the Stars best overseas prospect. I just thought he needed much longer to adjust to north america before he makes it to the NHL but he very much had a good shot to become an NHL player ultimately.

I also think i remember in analysis of the Cole trade that the other prospect in the trade Bäckman was expected to make the NHL much earlier but he never played any NHL games. Similar to how i thought Karlström had a better chance to make the NHL roster this year despite beeing a lower ceiling player than Peterson but Karlström got injured 1:30 into pre-season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad