C Jack Smith - Sioux Falls Stampede, USHL (2020, 102nd, MTL)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Making his USHL debut, slated to join UMD Bulldogs for the '21-'22 season. So far has 2 pts in his first game, scored a nice goal off a turnover he created and fired it over the goalies shoulder. Very smooth skater, seems to have a nice shot.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

He's really struggled this year, last year he missed a chunk of time at St. Cloud Cathedral to a shoulder injury, that saw him play only 11 games plus 6 playoff games but he did have 27 goals in that span. He was rumored to have been battling with a wrist injury this year and later was out of the lineup for 2 weeks, was back for 3 weeks and then missed a week. No word on what his injuries were though.

He started off the season with 3 pts in his first 4 games but it went down hill from there in a hurry. In the next 23 games he had just 3 pts (got them in a 4 game stretch). Since then he's got 4 pts in the last 8 games. So either the injuries have impacted him or he is just a terrible pick.

Reactions: Johnny Danger

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
he's listed as the 2nd line center in the season opener today, really need to see him turn things around from last seasons disaster.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Thought he was the best player on the ice today. Good speed and skating.

thanks for the info, I was thinking of getting hockey.tv for a month just to watch him play a few games but it's expensive so I wasn't sure if I was going to. He's interesting as I've watched some of his games in the USHS in his draft year and he was snipping pucks, taking the body, just playing overall good hockey and then last year as a rookie in the USHL it was just ugly. He was rumored to have had a wrist injury but was still playing, just couldn't produce anything which was very disappointing. He was slated to go to UMD this year but with the NCAA allowing 5th year seniors, UMD had 4 or so that opted to stay which meant there was no room for him. Which in the end could be what's best as he needs to play a lot. I assume he was on the PP and PK as he was last year.

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
thanks for the info, I was thinking of getting hockey.tv for a month just to watch him play a few games but it's expensive so I wasn't sure if I was going to. He's interesting as I've watched some of his games in the USHS in his draft year and he was snipping pucks, taking the body, just playing overall good hockey and then last year as a rookie in the USHL it was just ugly. He was rumored to have had a wrist injury but was still playing, just couldn't produce anything which was very disappointing. He was slated to go to UMD this year but with the NCAA allowing 5th year seniors, UMD had 4 or so that opted to stay which meant there was no room for him. Which in the end could be what's best as he needs to play a lot. I assume he was on the PP and PK as he was last year.
I don't have that level of knowledge to share. It was my first time seeing both teams and I didn't know any of the kids. He's just one that stuck out to me with his speed and aggressiveness

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad