C Jack Hughes - USNTDP (2019 Draft) Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
kid is deserving a thread made by someone not trying to discredit him in his very own thread...this is now officially a SAFE ZONE for young Jack Hughes..

having one hell of a u-18 tournament so far -

tumblr_pppoqapgeY1xkok61o1_540.jpg

tumblr_pi6udsd8BD1xkok61o1_540.jpg

tumblr_pktfmow3YC1xkok61o1_500.gif

Live look-in as Shero prepares to walk down to the podium to select Generational Jack Hughes #1 overall...

tumblr_pqf96q1vuo1xkok61o1_400.gif

upload_2019-4-25_17-46-25.png

RANKED #1 BY EVERY f***ING BODY!!

upload_2019-4-25_17-48-23.png

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
If his height is really 5'10'', the last 1OV pick this small was Dale McCourt in 1977. Yak was an inch taller.

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
kid is deserving a thread made by someone not trying to discredit him in his very own thread...this is now officially a SAFE ZONE for young Jack Hughes..

having one hell of a u-18 tournament so far -

tumblr_pppoqapgeY1xkok61o1_540.jpg

tumblr_pi6udsd8BD1xkok61o1_540.jpg

tumblr_pktfmow3YC1xkok61o1_500.gif

Live look-in as Shero prepares to walk down to the podium to select Generational Jack Hughes #1 overall...

tumblr_pqf96q1vuo1xkok61o1_400.gif

View attachment 221057

RANKED #1 BY EVERY ****ING BODY!!

View attachment 221059

Thank you man. Can’t stand BP

Reactions: SpartanProdigy

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
If Sebastian Aho can transition into a center, I have no doubt that Hughes can. Both are undersized, but both have very high hockey IQ and tremendous puck skills.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
28 pts in 12 games. 3 away from the all-time record of 31 by Ovechkin. Incredible performance by Hughes.

Reactions: My3Sons

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
If Sebastian Aho can transition into a center, I have no doubt that Hughes can. Both are undersized, but both have very high hockey IQ and tremendous puck skills.

I don't doubt he could play C. I think it's mostly a question of what's more beneficial for the team. Some similar players like Kane and Marner are at their best on the wing while others like Aho and Point excel at C (partly because they play very good defense, albeit Marner's good defensively too).

His hockey IQ definitely helps him adapt to whatever role he's given.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I think Aho has a higher hockey IQ. Hughes is good in this category, but his hockey IQ is not as high level as his skill. And because I'm sure someone will take exception because someone always does in reference to Hughes, that doesn't mean he won't be very good. There are a lot of very good NHL'ers, like Eichel, Kane, Hall, Malkin, MacKinnon, Stamkos, Ovechkin whose hockey skill is higher than their hockey IQ. There are only so many Aho's, McDavid's, Barkov's, Kucherov's, Matthews whose hockey IQ is as good as their skill.

Reactions: VictorLustig

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
True, just to say that it's very rare regardless of birthday. Hischier and Erik Johnson are the only first overalls since that have returned to U18 before the draft. Arguably also two of the weakest.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
I think Aho has a higher hockey IQ. Hughes is good in this category, but his hockey IQ is not as high level as his skill. And because I'm sure someone will take exception because someone always does in reference to Hughes, that doesn't mean he won't be very good. There are a lot of very good NHL'ers, like Eichel, Kane, Hall, Malkin, MacKinnon, Stamkos, Ovechkin whose hockey skill is higher than their hockey IQ. There are only so many Aho's, McDavid's, Barkov's, Kucherov's, Matthews whose hockey IQ is as good as their skill.
how are you gauging hockey IQ? is it based on the understanding of an all around game? experience? room to improve?
like you said with Hall, if I base his hockey IQ on the understanding of an all around game... uh oh... but an offensive game... extremely high...
I'm not worried about Hall's 2 way game, just let him do his thing... Devils paired him with a strong 2 way center... Hall has his best season, wins the Hart.. and we make the playoffs...
Do the same thing with Jack... pair him with someone that benefits his game and he'll probably have an impact on our team next season

(hopefully because we need it..)

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
True, just to say that it's very rare regardless of birthday. Hischier and Erik Johnson are the only first overalls since that have returned to U18 before the draft. Arguably also two of the weakest.
The only thing weak about Hischier’s draft is the folks judging it as some set in stone order before the players even turn 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad