C Jachym Kondelik - Muskegon Lumberjacks, USHL (2018, 111th, NAS)

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
6'7" Czech forward playing in the USHL with interesting production for a player his size, 5-1-5-6 at the WJC18 last year.

Jáchym Kondelík

Anyone seen him play before and possibly give some form of scouting report?

Here I what I found so far;
The Draft Analyst:
"Powerful two-way center with size and soft hands who played quite well in his two games before leaving the squad to join the Czech Republic’s U20 world junior team, which is holding camp in Upstate New York. Kondelik hasn’t produced as much as expected over his two years in the USHL. But he seems to step his game up when he plays for his country. Kondelik, who is committed to the University of Connecticut, can be an imposing player when he’s engaged, and he makes quick work of defenders who try to dislodge him from the crease area."

Recrutes:
"A 6-6 center that doesn’t turn 17 until November that skates fairly well considering how uncoordinated he could be. Works hard, can handle the puck, see the ice well. Not sure how much offensive capabilities he has just yet…we should get a better idea at the next U-18 in the spring. If he starts playing with more of an edge NHL teams will be that much more enthused."

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
He reminds me a lot of other Czech Ostap Safin. Two big bodied 6'6/6'7 center with soft hands and hard working players. I'm quite high on Jachym, who's in my 3rd round right now. He put up 25 points in a shortened season of 37 games.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
He reminds me a lot of other Czech Ostap Safin. Two big bodied 6'6/6'7 center with soft hands and hard working players. I'm quite high on Jachym, who's in my 3rd round right now. He put up 25 points in a shortened season of 37 games.
Two very different players to be honest. Safin is more naturally talented, much better skater and more of an offensive player. He fell for his inconsistency and work rate. (I wouldn't call him hard working at all)
Kondelik is quite the opposite. Even bigger, but slower and not as skilled. I think he is more commited to hockey though, so while I think he has the lower ceiling of the two, I also think he is more probable to reach it. It all comes down how Kondelik develops his skating

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Two very different players to be honest. Safin is more naturally talented, much better skater and more of an offensive player. He fell for his inconsistency and work rate. (I wouldn't call him hard working at all)
Kondelik is quite the opposite. Even bigger, but slower and not as skilled. I think he is more commited to hockey though, so while I think he has the lower ceiling of the two, I also think he is more probable to reach it. It all comes down how Kondelik develops his skating
Yep, I wasn't comparing the two, I was just saying that Safin reminded me of him. Safin is working harder for sure than he used to.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Does he actually have some skills? 8pts in 6 games for UConn in the NCAA, all assists , not too shabby still.

Reactions: norma

tcat84

Sep 15, 2014
21 GP - 3 G - 16 A - 19 P

He's second in scoring but only 1 point behind their leading scorer who is soon to be 23 and only had 0.5 P/G last year . Next guy in scoring has 14 P.

He's clearly looking like he's a great playmaker, but his lack of goal scoring is for concern. He also had a meh showing at he world jr's but so did the whole team.

Anyone watched him play? What are his strengths and weaknesses, I read he's a tad slow and his offensive upside is low but looks like he's corrected that playmaking part of his game at least.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I only saw one a bit game of him in the WJC, but I thought he was quite effective. Obviously he can shield and cycle the puck with his size and reach, he was going to the net pretty well. I would guess from what I saw his "playmaking" has a fair bit to do with digging the puck out in the corners more than anything flashy or dynamic? Anyway, as a "project" picked where he was, any production at this point is gravy, and we'll see what he can add over the next few years. Pretty much any production to go with that size will keep our interest piqued.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
21 GP - 3 G - 16 A - 19 P

He's second in scoring but only 1 point behind their leading scorer who is soon to be 23 and only had 0.5 P/G last year . Next guy in scoring has 14 P.

He's clearly looking like he's a great playmaker, but his lack of goal scoring is for concern. He also had a meh showing at he world jr's but so did the whole team.

Anyone watched him play? What are his strengths and weaknesses, I read he's a tad slow and his offensive upside is low but looks like he's corrected that playmaking part of his game at least.

Yeah as Tex76 said I don't believe he is a great playmaker with good vision but rather he gets his assists because he is effective at keeping the puck in the offensive zone due to his strong board play, and he is effective on the cycle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad