C Hendrix Lapierre - (2020, 22nd, WSH)

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Someone needs to make a video of his goals. Then we can actually be able to analyze his shot better!

Post the video here if you do make it!

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
But don't made the mistake of taken the few last year videos

This year > previous years by a far margin

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
He has high end skill, high end hockey IQ, just a really great playmaker, is strong defensively, and has decent size. Such a well rounded player. I hope the Leafs give him very strong consideration at 15, assuming he hasn’t already been taken. To me, he looks more like a quality NHLer than most guys pegged as mid 1st round picks. His draft year stats aren’t great, but it was a tough year for him battling through concussions.

The concussions do scare me - are they going to continue to be an issue that derails his career? But I love his game. Also, it seems possible that some of them were more vertebral issues than concussions. If the Leafs medical staff give him the thumbs up, he’d be my pick at 15.

For the reasons you’ve given, I hope he is a target for the Jets. If Sanderson and Lundell are already taken and the Jets are confident his injuries aren’t worrisome going forward I would have zero qualms taking him at # 10

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yup, if concussions are not a factor, then I can see him in the top 10 for teams that need a C. He looks to have decent size and strength, is a no doubt C, and is smart. I could see him being picked over Lundell, if health is not a concern. More offensive upside.

Teams that don't need C's will be looking at Sanderson, and guys like Gunler, Mercer, maybe Jarvis, and Askarov.

Reactions: majormajor

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
I would be shocked if someone stepped up and took him top 10. He had a great Hlinka/Gretzky and has underperformed that showing pretty consistently since then, even when healthy, which hasn't been a lot but still along with the concussion concerns I would be shocked if he went before the 20-25 range, the scouts just don't have anywhere near a complete book on him relative to so many other guys.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I would love to see him slide and for the Sens to grab him at #28. Taking him in the teens and only having one 1st round pick sounds like a risky move though imo, especially because there are many other good players that will still be available all through the 1st.

Reactions: Altimus

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Three concussions already???? Wouldnt touch him till the 3rd round

Read back. There is some mystery over whether he had three concussions or just one and an undiagnosed neck fracture. He and his agent are pushing this story that it was a neck fracture that was causing recurring concussion-like symptoms.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Read back. There is some mystery over whether he had three concussions or just one and an undiagnosed neck fracture. He and his agent are pushing this story that it was a neck fracture that was causing recurring concussion-like symptoms.
that's what makes him such a wild card. If there is a neck issue instead of multiple concussions that will have a major impact on his standing. I think if you are Ott/NJ with multiple picks, you can take a shot on him. Or a team with a good prospect pool as is.

His high end is a top end play in all situations C who could be a potential Selke Trophy guy down the line.

Reactions: Altimus

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
that's what makes him such a wild card. If there is a neck issue instead of multiple concussions that will have a major impact on his standing. I think if you are Ott/NJ with multiple picks, you can take a shot on him. Or a team with a good prospect pool as is.

His high end is a top end play in all situations C who could be a potential Selke Trophy guy down the line.

I've heard this a lot, but if we assume it wasn't an obvious career-ender like 3 concussions, I really don't think it's just OTT and NJ that would potentially take him with their later 1sts. Or maybe some teams will act that way but I think it would be misguided.

After the top so many picks everyone in the draft has bust potential. For all we know Holloway and Zary might turn into Lazar and Bennett. If teams think the health issue is behind him then I think Lapierre goes in the 9-13 range and if they're not quite sure I still think they'll take a swing in the mid to late 1st regardless of whether they have a lot of prospects.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I think he goes at 10 to the Jets if they are convinced his neck issues are behind him. Exactly the type of center they need.

The kind of talented centre the Jets organization needs to get back on track. Seriously hoping their scouts do their homework on him and like what they see.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If medical records are disclosed as part of the draft evaluation process I imagine any responsible team will have a neurologist and neuropsychologist and orthopedist evaluate his records and if possible do some additional testing. For the investment made in the players I would think the expense would be worth it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Why would MTL need to draft another Center? They are one of,the few teams out there who have plenty of them, and can afford to take BPA. I would think that a player like Gunler or Amirov would be just the thing for them...maybe Guhle, or even Askarov. A scoring wing with size seems to be a fit, though.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Why would MTL need to draft another Center? They are one of,the few teams out there who have plenty of them, and can afford to take BPA. I would think that a player like Gunler or Amirov would be just the thing for them...maybe Guhle, or even Askarov. A scoring wing with size seems to be a fit, though.

Watch Habs draft Askarov, and watch him win the Hart / Vezina one day.

History repeats itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad