C Gustaf Franzen - Kitchener Rangers, OHL (2015 undrafted)

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Gustaf Franzen centered Kitchener's second line between Brandon Robinson and Nick Magyar to open the OHL season vs Owen Sound. Franzen picked up an early minus, as Holden Cook scored the opener short-handed. Cook would later be penalized in the second for a check-from-behind on Franzen, which took the 2015 prospect out of the game for a bit, as he left with the trainer, before eventually returning.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Good luck in the 2015 NHL draft Gustaf along with your other teamates.l feel for the guys that were never developed properly and are paying for it now Blaisdell,Kohn,Davies and most of the 96's.

Mar 12, 2009
He was up and down the lines a lot (at least he was on a different line each time I saw him it seemed), not so much because of play (from what I understand) but partly due to coaches not being able to get guys settled into finalized lines. I saw him a few times this year and he is a hard worker, not afraid to go into the corners despite being a smaller guy. Not too sure if there is going to be a lot of offence there, but he is a solid two way player.

There are some season ticket holders on here who should have better insight.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
What happened? He was viewed as one of the better swedish 96's a while back. Will probably go undrafted

Mar 12, 2009
As someone who was was passed over last year, not sure he'll get drafted this year but he's a quality junior player and has been better this year. Good hands, good passing, soft shot. Solid skater but not a blazer. Solid positioning, plays a solid defensive game. Just not sure any one things stands out enough for him to get drafted as a smaller player. Wouldn't be shocked if someone took a flyer, but not sure he's improved significantly enough from last year that teams who passed on him then, would use a pick on him now, a year older.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad