C Grayden Slipec - West Van, CSSHL (2023 Draft)

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Surprised nobody's talking about this kid. Looked incredible this season, easily in the top 5 if not top 3 most skilled players in this year's bantam class.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Where do you think he gets drafted in the upcoming WHL bantam draft?

I'm assuming that he is eligible.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Well, am I wrong?

Bedard is younger than him and scored more points in the previous season... Bedard isn't Russian btw.

Bedard also just got exceptional status and from all accounts is an incredible prospect for his age with an NHL caliber shot already.

Have you seen Slipec play at all?

Reactions: Dominance

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Bedard also just got exceptional status and from all accounts is an incredible prospect for his age with an NHL caliber shot already.

Have you seen Slipec play at all?

Man, he isn't even the best player of one of Canadian U16 (or is it U15?) leagues. Have you watched a lot of Russian U16 games?

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Man, he isn't even the best player of one of Canadian U16 (or is it U15?) leagues. Have you watched a lot of Russian U16 games?
Jesus, you and ijuka are really getting ahead of yourselves lately. 3+ years out and already trying to denigrate the North American competition for a couple guys just entering puberty.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

The only 23 that I have seen and also the only one that I have commented on is Bedard.

I understand that Matvei Michkov is looking like a special player and look forward to watching him at some point as well.

Until then or more information is out there I'm mainly asking questions.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
All depends on where other kids position themselves to go. But I think top 10 isn't out of the question.

Yup.. kids available for WHL draft like to pick and choose their destinations nowadays.. so drafts always come down to which teams kids only want to go to unfortunately

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I'm hoping Yagar doesn't want to go to PG. He'd look good in a Warrior Jjersey.

You got your wish buddy!!

Anyways, not surprising Slipec hasnt been drafted yet with the 1st round done. IMO after the mid 1st ish, anything can happen and there are alot of teams going off the board.

Plus we never know what kids have NCAA thoughts too. Alot of teams want no part of any kids that are even slightly debating that route

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
You got your wish buddy!!

Anyways, not surprising Slipec hasnt been drafted yet with the 1st round done. IMO after the mid 1st ish, anything can happen and there are alot of teams going off the board.

Plus we never know what kids have NCAA thoughts too. Alot of teams want no part of any kids that are even slightly debating that route
Even in the 1st round some teams kinda reached. Some of the West Van kids had some character concerns

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
What's the scouting report on Zachary Bensen selected 14th overall by the Ice?

Al48

Apr 23, 2020
What's the scouting report on Zachary Bensen selected 14th overall by the Ice?
The kid is one of the hardest workers I've seen both with and without the puck. I'd describe him as an unrelenting puck hound who can also score. I'm no scout, just a hockey parent whose kid has played against him several times, but he impresses me every time I see him play.

What gets lost in this age range is there are kids that are behind in physical development and kids that are full grown. I'd say he is definitely one who is very behind in his physical development, which makes what he does all that more impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being one of the highest ranked 05s in a couple years when he sprouts up and fills out.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Hopefully Kamloops can get him to come and also Connor Levis(one of last years 1st round pick). Blazers have some real good talent coming up and if those 2 commit, things will look even better. They have a deadly goalie coming up too Ernst that will be their goalie of the future

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad