C Gabriel Vilardi (2017, 11th, LAK)

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I was wondering about him. He's not getting lot of minutes it seems, 14:18 minutes in average. And he's been getting constantly less and less with each game.
He looked good in the offensive zone but needed to pick it up in other areas which he has but I doubt they overwork him in a shorten season.. he’ll gradually see an uptick in minutes and his production should skyrocket..
You need to see his snipe last night, he’s being aggressive and decisive out there

Last edited:
Reactions: De Montreal

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I was wondering about him. He's not getting lot of minutes it seems, 14:18 minutes in average. And he's been getting constantly less and less with each game.

They'll ramp up his minutes as the season goes on but a big factor right now is that the Kings are either in the box or on the powerplay for like 20 minutes a night. He obviously isn't a PK'er and he is on the 2nd unit PP which isn't getting a ton of time. He's actually been playing point on that unit at times.

He's confident with the puck on his stick and he's skating hard. There is a lot to like so far.

Reactions: De Montreal

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Gabe having a really solid season. His ice time keeps going up and made a sick pass to Kempe last night for the game winner. His vision and creativity is off the charts.

Yeah, that play was nasty.

His production this season is not quite what I had hoped/expected (he was my dark horse Calder pick), but he has looked really really good. As you put it, vision and creativity off the charts. To the surprise of no one, I also see a lot of Kopitar emerging in his game. With Anze’s resurgence this year, the Kings can wait a couple years before handing the reigns to Vilardi.

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita
Yeah, that play was nasty.

His production this season is not quite what I had hoped/expected (he was my dark horse Calder pick), but he has looked really really good. As you put it, vision and creativity off the charts. To the surprise of no one, I also see a lot of Kopitar emerging in his game. With Anze’s resurgence this year, the Kings can wait a couple years before handing the reigns to Vilardi.

I think Gabe could be the Kings number 1 center right now, but Kopi is not slowing down and is having a incredible year so far like you said. It's only gonna help Vilardi in the long run.

Noonan61

Aug 16, 2011
LA
How's he looked at camp and in pre-season? Is there a top 6 role available?
He is playing with Moore-Danault line right now while Arvy is still recovering. He has been playing really well in the pre-season. Looks more aggressive and active. Really liking what I am seeing from him. He has earned his spot on the big club.

Be curious what happens when Arvy is healthy and back. Where does he fit in then? 3rd line of Iafallo-Byfield-Kalyiev looks set. 1st line is set. A good problem to have.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He actually looks faster/more agile and definitely more aggressive/engaged. And happy. Teammates are eating it up. This is the first real "I just have to prepare for camp" offseason he's had since juniors...and he's starting the season with opportunity. I'm very excited for him. As @Noonan61 says above though, it'll be interesting to see what happens with Arvy's health.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad