C Filip Bystedt - Linköping HC J20, J20 Nationell (2022, 27th, SJS)

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Not a fan of the pick personally, especially since they dropped from 11th.
yeah. real bad asset management. everything would would be fine if they just pick lambert for bpa and then take the likely gamble he would still be there in the early 2nd

he could be great and sharks know something no one else does, but still just be smart about it

Reactions: sergejean

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Really not happy given some players that were still on the board but we have 2 early 2nds. Like the broadcast said though, he's a project. San Jose has had a good development team the last few years, so we will have to be patient with how he grows his game over the next few years.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I think we've gotten to a place on these boards where skaters are discriminated against purely on the basis of size.

If Bystedt had the same stat line but was 5'10", I don't think anyone would have strong feelings about this pick. It's one thing to dislike a pick because you think the guy is a size bully, or he relies on his physical strength too much. But we're getting to the point where guys who aren't physical, who don't play with "grit" or "character" and who don't have or use their frame well are being typecast as bottom 6 grinders.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
I think we've gotten to a place on these boards where skaters are discriminated against purely on the basis of size.

If Bystedt had the same stat line but was 5'10", I don't think anyone would have strong feelings about this pick. It's one thing to dislike a pick because you think the guy is a size bully, or he relies on his physical strength too much. But we're getting to the point where guys who aren't physical, who don't play with "grit" or "character" and who don't have or use their frame well are being typecast as bottom 6 grinders.
I mean I guess? I think it’s because big players who don’t use their size effectively are typically worse skaters and worse puckhandlers as a whole. Now that’s not always the case but it can be. So if you’re slower and with less puck skills than the 5’10” guy and you don’t use your body effectively, what are you doing on the ice besides taking up space?

Bystedt in my viewings uses his body pretty effectively. He’s a giant net front and is hard to move from there. He leans on players to protect the puck well, he hits to retrieve pucks. It’s not all great and there’s a lack of form there when it comes to hitting but he’s doing what a big man should.

His problem is his acceleration is poor and his stickhandling is average to poor. He becomes easy to take the puck from in certain situations. Not saying he can’t improve on this but I think that’s his biggest weakness right now.

WayneGretzky

Jul 25, 2016
Signed his entry level today, excited to see what this kid can do in NA.

1B4941C2-5FA1-436F-9B56-6B9CA92FDE1F.jpeg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad