C Evan Vierling - Flint Firebirds, OHL (2020, 127th, NYR)

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The second overall pick in the 2018 OHL Priority Selection Draft, Evan Vierling had just six goals and 27 points in 60 games during his rookie season with the Flint Firebirds. This season, Vierling had two goals and 10 points in his first 15 games with Flint. He was traded to the Barrie Colts and went on a tear. Vierling broke out with 12 goals and 22 assists for 34 points in 28 games before the season was shutdown. Vierling was an alternate captain for Team Canada Red at the 2018 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. He scored two goals and an assist for three points in six tournament games.

An Aurora, Ontario native, Vierling played his minor hockey for the York Simcoe Express. He led the team to the OMHA title with 63 points in 33 games as well as 10 points in six playoff games. Vierling put up five goals and 10 points in six games at the OHL Cup. He was named to the tournament all-star team. It was the same statline that he put up in the 2017 OHL Cup. Vierling put up one goal and five points in four games for Team OMHA at the OGC-16 tournament, winning bronze.

Our Scouting Report
https://lastwordonhockey.com/2020/05/24/evan-vierling-scouting-report/

Reactions: Dominance

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm starting to think Vierling is the most underrated player in the draft. Most lists I see have him outside the top-93, which I find ridiculous. I think he'd be a good pick in the 2nd.

Vierling is going to have a monster season as the Colts' 1C playing with Foerster next year.
Me too, I want the sens to take him with one of their second rounders. He has the talent to translate to the next level and honestly just churns apple sauce, his vision is very very good.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Me too, I want the sens to take him with one of their second rounders. He has the talent to translate to the next level and honestly just churns apple sauce, his vision is very very good.
I also agree. I think Vierling will have many seasons were he is in the running for a Selke.
He is such a complete player. Does everything right.
I’d be happy if my team picked him up in Second round.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Really interesting player going into the draft. I thought he was the best passer in his OHL draft year. Plays never died with him, and he always kept the offence in motion, which I sort of like more than fancy passing(but he can do that too). And reason why Matthew Savoie is such a fun prospect too.

Hope he makes it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Congrats NYR, I think you guys got one of the steals of the draft. Vierling is a 2nd round prospect in my books.

Yeah, I like the pick. Rangers are loading up on CHL prospects this year.

I had this guy as a third rounder. Certainly has top 6 upside. Question is if he reaches it, but for the range he was picked in, it's a good gamble.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
After missing 3 weeks with injury, Vierling has come back into the line up with 2 assists and 1 goal in 2 games this weekend. His goal below:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad