C Elias Lindholm (2013, 5th overall, Carolina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
I have been very impressed with Brynäs center Elias Lindholm. He is a lateborn 1994 and thus eligble for the 2013-draft. He allready played some minutes in SEL, but spent this season in Superelit where hes been tearing it up with 39 points in 28 games. He is a complete player with ok size (6'00'') He have great hockey sense, he is a good skater, good stickhandler, good twoway-game and have a aggresive style. It is still early days, but I see a very high upside in this kid, one of the most exciting forwards to come out of Sweden in a while.

I don't really know if he will be another Bäckström (he had a 100 point season after all), but I really like this player and think he has a bright future (and a high draft position) in front of him. Anyone else got some input about this player?

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Agree with all of the above. Still early, but when you see the ice as well as Lindholm, you're a pretty certain thing.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Indeed, really wish he would've been selected to the WJC along with Forsberg and Collberg. Can't wait till the U18 to see them tearing it up.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Next years draft is shaping up to be a beauty already. Thanks for the infor on this kid guys, had already heard of him but didn't know anything about him!

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
He should get a good chance to play in the SEL next year when Larsson and Silfverberg leaves for the NHL. Never really seen the kid play but his numbers look great so far.

Puckluck11

Feb 13, 2008
Luleå
He's in between Jarnkrok and Backstrom in the development curve at this point, progressing slowly but steadily since the days of tv-pucken.

He is fairly unknow but as usual most swedes are unknown on this site until they either play in SEL or plays in the JWC.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Elite prospects lists him as the cousin of Jarnkrok. True?

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011

Yes, he is.

He plays a little bit like Jarnkrok as well. Some sort of mix between him and Backstöm, he is going to get a bigger role next year when Brynäs loses Silfverberg, Larsson and maybe Järnkrok. He was playing on the bottom line with another youngster Emil Molin, they played quite well just like last game.

Pellegrino

Oct 30, 2007
Sweden
Yep.

What kind of role was he playing?

Boxscore shows just over 10 minutes in ice time with 2 shots on goal.
Watched him loads in J18 and J20 but don't like to talk too much about prospects before they show something in SEL. Anyway, he's a very skilled center with great hockey sense, hands... also a good skater and not afraid to play physical. He's actually a lot like Järnkrok but bigger, stronger and more physical. Mix between Järnkrok and Bäckström is quite accurate, but he's more physical than any of those... He can be mean too, Bäckström and Järnkrok have no mean streak... Very exciting player indeed. Almost made the WJC roster this year.

Pellegrino

Oct 30, 2007
Sweden
I was there and yep, match sponsor selected Lindholm to Brynäs' best player against AIK. He had a great game, Silfverberg was quite quiet but effective. Lars Jonsson was also very good, but this thread is about Lindholm, not Brynäs in general :handclap:

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Todays quarterfinal

Nils Larsson:
17-åring ersätter JVM-stjärnan
Lårksadan stoppar Johan Larsson från spel. I stället väljer Brynäs att ge 17-årige Elias Lindholm förtroendet från start.
Lindholm som så sent som i december fyllde 17 år är uppsatt som förstecenter i kedjan med Andreas Dackell och Jesper Ollas.

Nils Larsson:
17-year-old replaces JVM star
Lårksadan stopping Johan Larsson from the game. Instead, choose Brynäs to give 17-year-old Elias Lindholm confidence from the start.
Lindholm, who as recently as December was 17 years, ranking as the first center in the chain with Andreas Dackell and Jesper Ollas.

xdr

Mar 13, 2012
Todays quarterfinal

Nils Larsson:
17-åring ersätter JVM-stjärnan
Lårksadan stoppar Johan Larsson från spel. I stället väljer Brynäs att ge 17-årige Elias Lindholm förtroendet från start.
Lindholm som så sent som i december fyllde 17 år är uppsatt som förstecenter i kedjan med Andreas Dackell och Jesper Ollas.

Nils Larsson:
17-year-old replaces JVM star
Lårksadan stopping Johan Larsson from the game. Instead, choose Brynäs to give 17-year-old Elias Lindholm confidence from the start.
Lindholm, who as recently as December was 17 years, ranking as the first center in the chain with Andreas Dackell and Jesper Ollas.

LÃ¥rksadan = LÃ¥rskadan = Thigh injury.

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
Thanks. It's going to be a lot of fun watching this team. Forsberg has to dominate if he wants to prove that he's a lottery pick prospect.

For next year: Barkov vs Lindholm? or Barkov is alread on another level?

Barkov has probably come a bit further in his development despite being younger. He is playing regularly in the SM-Liiga while Lindholm has only goten a taste of the SEL. I really don't know anything about Tappara, they might be a pretty weak team depth wise and hence why Barkov has goten to play that much. Where as Brynäs is a pretty stacked team with a lot of young talent allready playing. But even if that where the case it's still very rare a player as young as Barkov is playing as much as he is in a pro-league. My bet is that he is taken before Lindholm next year unless Lindholm really has a break out year next season.

Lindholm is however ozing with talent. That much is aparent to any one that has watched him this year and years prior.

EDIT: Fixed names to not cause confusion!

Last edited:

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Barkov has probably come a bit further in his development despite being younger. He is playing regularly in the SM-Liiga while Lindberg has only goten a taste of the SEL. I really don't know anything about Tappara, they might be a pretty weak team depth wise and hence why Barkov has goten to play that much. Where as Brynäs is a pretty stacked team with a lot of young talent allready playing. But even if that where the case it's still very rare a player as young as Barkov is playing as much as he is in a pro-league. My bet is that he is taken before Lindberg next year unless Lindberg really has a break out year next season.

Lindberg is however ozing with talent. That much is aparent to any one that has watched him this year and years prior.
:skeptic: Lindholm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad