C Drake Batherson (2017, 121st, OTT)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Surprised there is no thread for this guy
fd29so.jpg

Overager in the 2017 draft, this late bloomer is on absolute fire riding a 13 game pt scoring streak, leading the Q in pts and goals with 15g 9a 24 pts. Senators could have a steal here.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
He looks good, but this is technically his draft +2. He's got 6-18 months on most of his competition for the scoring race.

Not trying to downplay his success, just trying to give it some perspective.

Really like his shot selection.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He looks good, but this is technically his draft +2. He's got 6-18 months on most of his competition for the scoring race.

Not trying to downplay his success, just trying to give it some perspective.

Really like his shot selection.
Huh? The CHL is a 19 year old's league, exact same as Chlapik last season.

Of the top 10 scorers, 4 are born a year before Batherson, and 2 more were born the same year.

4 97's
3 98's
3 99's.

Batherson is a 98'

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Kid definitely deserves some hype. If he keeps this up, he's definitely going to be a major steal.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
His old thread only had a few posts in it, but here it is:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...creaming-eagles-qmjhl-2017-121st-ott.2362549/

Wanted to see exactly what I wrote about him because I was a fan pre-draft, and I saw how well he was doing. He had a legit scorer's shot, but he only shot a measly 1.6 times a game last year. He rode a high shooting % (which has only gone up this year), but he's still shooting at a pace of 3.9 shots/game. That's the increase I wanted to see. He's over half way to last year's total already. 30% is 30% shooting and will come down because he's not scoring over a goal/game the entire season, but those shot totals are pretty drought proof.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
His old thread only had a few posts in it, but here it is:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...creaming-eagles-qmjhl-2017-121st-ott.2362549/

Wanted to see exactly what I wrote about him because I was a fan pre-draft, and I saw how well he was doing. He had a legit scorer's shot, but he only shot a measly 1.6 times a game last year. He rode a high shooting % (which has only gone up this year), but he's still shooting at a pace of 3.9 shots/game. That's the increase I wanted to see. He's over half way to last year's total already. 30% is 30% shooting and will come down because he's not scoring over a goal/game the entire season, but those shot totals are pretty drought proof.

Definitely will come down, but I don't think it will come down "that" much, Drake is a career 24% shooter in the Q, so I imagine he will settle around 22-24%, seems like every goal he scores is a bar down snipe.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Definitely will come down, but I don't think they'll come down "that" much, Drake is a career 24% shooter in the Q, so I imagine he will settle around 22-24%, seems like every goal he scores is a bar down snipe.

What he is right now is a plus shooter with plus volume, when he was more only the first one last year. The shooting % is high, but it's not THAT high given his ability. You're right, he'll still be a high % shooter even when it drops. And even when the shots don't go in, now the volume is there to even it out.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
What he is right now is a plus shooter with plus volume, when he was more only the first one last year. The shooting % is high, but it's not THAT high given his ability. You're right, he'll still be a high % shooter even when it drops. And even when the shots don't go in, now the volume is there to even it out.

Definitely, he is THE guy on the Eagles, getting huge minutes now, he plays with 16/17 year old rookies as his linemates so he's really firing off heavy shot volume now (10 shots today).'

I think he learned a lot from Giovanni Fiore last year in that you need to shoot the puck a lot if you want to maintain your stats. Fiore finished the year with 350+ shots and 52 goals, now he's having a pretty successful stint in Anaheim.

Reactions: Magua

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Incredible development over the past few seasons. Played Junior A as a 17 yo and only scored 4 goals at that level.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
Will be interesting to see him compete for a spot on Team Canada's WJC roster. With his play so far you'd think he has a decent shot.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Well he's playing for Canada in the Subway Superseries so safe to say he will represent Canada.

Also... 1+1 for Batherson so far in the first period of this game tonight.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He was only in USA for one year. He spent the next 8 years of his life in Germany and then moved to Nova Scotia where his dad is from. That's where he's been ever since save for one season that he played in Ontario. He's a Canadian.
I get all that .. I thought being born in the USA would give him the option... maybe not.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Another 4 points so far tonight. He's doing so on a rebuilding team more or less on his own. Real impressive.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Watched him tonight, looked really good. Nice shot, makes good decisions with the puck. Will need to improve his skating to make an impact in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad