C Dominic Turgeon - Portland Winterhawks, WHL (2014, 63rd overall, Detroit)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I haven't seen a lot of him, but from what I've seen he's pretty talented. Very crafty, great skater, and really good hands.

Let's see how he does in the WHL before saying NHL.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Portland stacking up on the US kids...

I like Turgeon, he has some skill and size. didnt do anything amazing at tier-1, but I would say he is a serious prospect that should be built and made for the WHL..

not sure why he didnt get an invite for the USNDP....probably told them he was going to the WHL all the way, but I hope for good things from him.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I know his sister very well. He is probably going to take the NCAA route at DU because his sister goes there and the coaches have seen him at the Thunderbirds. Pretty decent player, doubt he'll be an NHL'er. Could be a good NCAA player though and maybe get a minor league contract... Probably suited for Europe.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I know his sister very well. He is probably going to take the NCAA route at DU because his sister goes there and the coaches have seen him at the Thunderbirds. Pretty decent player, doubt he'll be an NHL'er. Could be a good NCAA player though and maybe get a minor league contract... Probably suited for Europe.

he signed with Portland...not going the NCAA route apparently

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

he signed with Portland...not going the NCAA route apparently

Haven't talked to her about Dominic since before Christmas so things may have changed. All I know is he was seriously considering DU in the winter.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

And I obviously showed I didn't read the OP. My bad :laugh:

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Dominic Turgeon

Dominic Turgeon, C, 6'02, 196 lbs[/b] (61•10•21•31•18•31): Has the fewest goals and points of the three, but he might end up carving himself out the best niche in the NHL as a great 3rd line center. Son of former NHLer Pierre Turgeon, the American-born Dominic has great two-way ability and is used frequently on the penalty kill this year for the Winterhawks, chalking up 2 shorthanded goals. Former Portland coach Travis Green said he believes Turgeon can be a 100-point player in the WHL. I like the way Portland is developing him as he seems to be getting better season by season, month by month and he just had an excellent February putting up 12 points in 12 games which is more than he scored in his entire first season in the WHL. Was ranked 130th on the mid-season list of the CSS.

...the talent to be real steal in this year's draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Turgeron is smart and smooth.

Last edited by a moderator:

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
Canada-born Turgeon honing his craft in the States

dominic_turgeon_portland_112114.jpg
Photo: Portland Winterhawks forward and Detroit Red Wings prospect Dominic Turgeon is wearing the “A” as an alternate captain for the Winterhawks this season (courtesy of Marissa Baecker/Getty Images)

The Western Hockey League has made great strides over the past decade in recruiting and developing American-born players. If one scans the current WHL rosters, most teams are dressing a couple of players with ties to the United States. The Portland Winterhawks can boast about a dozen players with minor hockey developmental roots in the USA.

Among those with ties to the USA is Dominic Turgeon (DET), although technically he is considered Canadian.… read more

The post Canada-born Turgeon honing his craft in the States appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad