C Denis Malgin (2015, 102nd, FLA)

HC Bienne

@llopesso19
Mar 13, 2012
Bienne, Swiss
www.eurohockey.com
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=117376

before you get surprised like you did with Nikolaj Ehlers, I present you Denis Malgin, future first round draft in 2015. is that simple. the kid is a Magician with the puck. he's also Nikolaj Ehlers buddy.

I really hope he get's drafted in July to get to play in CHL.

Another two kids better then Timo Meier:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=105407 Jonas Siengenthaler

and Auguste Impose http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=85351

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I'm enjoying all the talent coming from the Swiss. I'll keep an eye out for them.

Side note: Auguste Impose sounds like the name of a really cool foreign movie.

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
Malgin celebrated his debut in the National League A in Switzerland on Monday. He centered the first line due to injuries and had an Even strength assist.
Overall he's shown great promise, there aren't many flaws to his game. He's adapted very quickly and could keep up most of the time. Of course, playing with those kind of linemates almost certainly guarantees good stats in the Swiss league.
He's made a good case for himself and he'll either stick with the team (though little chance there) or be the first call-up in case of injuries for the remainder of the season.

Btw, where's he expected to be selected in the 2015 draft? Last I've heard he was viewed as an early 2nd round pick but with his talent I think he could claim the lists even higher than that.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
He is probably in the same category as Nikolaj Ehlers; an amazing point producer.

If not staying in Switzerland will hold him back, I could easily see him going in the top 15 at the NHL draft.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
3 assists in 3 games for the ZSC Lions in the NLA so far (1 primary and 2 secondary)
Sees some PP time and is an offensive contributor (generates 2-3 good chances per game)

High offensive potential from what I've seen. He sees the ice very well, passes are accurate and hard, very good (but not outstanding) skater, good shot despite him being more of a playmaker. Adequate defensively in terms of positioning and instincts, but gets outmuscled on a regular basis (which isn't really surprising). His size is definitely a concern.

Really impressive showing in the NLA so far. In most other drafts I would have said that he's a dark horse candidate for the picks #15-20, but in this draft I'd say he'll be picked up somewhere in the second round.

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
4 assists in 5 games. the kid keep his thing going.

note: moderator, can you change the tittle?... the kid plays for the ZSC Lions(LNA) now.

ZSC Lions (NLA);)

He´s an amazing talent and has no problems keeping up. And he´s only getting better every single game

Richi

Oct 20, 2013

Scouts were at the game. Most of them don´t really keep their presence a secret and they wear jackets with the logo. I saw some Nashville scout, Weiderstral of the Capitals (I think) and an Arizona scout. But I wasn´t really interested since it´s neither a secret nor surprising that Malgin and Siegenthaler are scouted almost every game.

The source of there being a total of 10 scouts was the TagesAnzeiger, a reliable Swiss newspaper.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Szymon Szemberg ‏@Sz1909_Szemberg · 2h
10 NHL scouts in Zurich yesterday, checking ZSC Lions' 17-yr olds D Jonas Siegenthaler and F Denis Malgin. Both shoe-ins for SUI WJC team.

Below are the original tweets in German, noting ten NHL teams with scouts in attendance. Three from Buffalo and one from the rest of the teams mentioned:
Marcel Kuchta @Guggti · Oct 20
Scouts von 10 NHL-Teams sind heute Abend anwesend im Hallenstadion. Jonas Siegenthaler und Denis Malgin im Fokus.

Drei von den @BuffaloSabres, je einer von den @PredsNHL, @washcaps, @SanJoseSharks, @ArizonaCoyotes, @NHLBlackhawks, @DetroitRedWings...

...@Senators, @NHLFlames und @TBLightning.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Tampa loves swiss players and russian players, this kid is BOTH..not surprised they are watching!

We do seem to have our eyes on the Swiss, taking Vermin, Richard and trying to sign Suri.

As a half-swiss, I'm always watching the top Swiss prospects and Denis is a good one. Hope TB can pick him up.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I could see SJ taking him. They love going a bit off the board in the 1st. They haven't picked a Canadian in 7 years and haven't picked someone where Central Scouting had them as high as they were actually picked in 10 years.

NHLHT*

Watch the incredible goal he scored yesterday versus Lakers. It's his second for the ZSC Lions (NLA) and already a beauty.

NHLHT*

Definitely nice to look at, but boy was that defended horribly by Hächler.

Yes, really not a good moment for the defender. But even then you have to have the skills to score like that. And the fact that he's only 17 years old, makes it even more impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad