C Dawson Mercer - Drummondville Voltigeurs, QMJHL (2020, 18th, NJD)

SympathyForTheDevils

Feb 22, 2010
Quebec City
Think theres a chance he can push for WJC team?

I'd be really surprised if that happened. TC usually have a good idea of what the team will look like during summer, and it's very hard to change their mind, especially if you're underage. Which is very dumb IMO, but that's the way it is.

Still, it doesn't diminish what Mercer has done. In terms of play, he's been the 2nd-best draft-eligible player in the Q this year. I get why Barron, Lapierre and possibly Poirier may get picked before him, but he's been absolutely terrific.

Reactions: singlesliceofcheese

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Is he playing center or wing? How does he compare/contrast with Mavrik Bourque?
He’s playing center this year after playing wing the past 2 seasons.

He’s having a better year than Bourque, and is showing a lot of technical skill with the puck, to go along with some great vision, that some had questioned the past 2 years, imo. Mercer is putting up great numbers, while being the best PK forward in the league, and playing a hard working, physical game. He has a lot to offer in a pro game, whether that be scoring or defending.

His skating isn’t at a level of the sure fire stars, but he understands the game extremely well, and knows what needs to be done before most on the ice see a play developing.

He’s as complete a forward you will get outside of the top 10

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Why did Chicoutimi trade Rochette?
I’m just guessing, but with Rochette and Lapierre both being centers, they probably wanted to add a winger of similar caliber. Lavoie is a win-now move, Mercer is a win-now, as well as a good futures move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad