C Curtis Valk - Medicine Hat Tigers, WHL

ginopuck

Apr 2, 2012
He's one of the top scorers in the WHL with 60 pts so far. I'm just wondering what others think his potential is, where he'll go in the draft, etc. Any thoughts?

takehisheadoff

Nov 2, 2009
Medicine Hat, AB
Hes 19 so highly doubtful he gets drafted. Possible though. I have seen him play a few times and hes a great player. Doesn't help playing with Shinkaruk either though. He had a 5 point game in November in Calgary. Anyone know if he is related to Gary Valk?

Oct 15, 2008
Too small, too old, I dont think there is much of a chance he gets drafted.

Pretty good player though.

I imagine he may go onto play CIS or something after his WHL career is over.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Seen him extensively. Widely known as being one of the shiftiest players in the league...and the Blades players actually say that he has the best hands of anyone in the WHL.

I don't think he gets drafted, though.

Seems to me like he'd be a guy that is a top scorer in Europe or the AHL and makes a living that way.

JawandaPuck

Lost Art of Dynasty
Apr 10, 2007
Vancouver BC
jawandapuck.blogspot.com
Hes 19 so highly doubtful he gets drafted. Possible though. I have seen him play a few times and hes a great player. Doesn't help playing with Shinkaruk either though. He had a 5 point game in November in Calgary. Anyone know if he is related to Gary Valk?

Not sure. But apparently he is related to Kelly Hrudey. (See section Medicine Hat Tigers "Did You Know" -- first column, last paragraph)

http://content.yudu.com/Library/A1pe1w/WHLPreview2010/resources/8.htm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad