C Corban Knight - Calgary Flames property (2009, 135th overall, Florida)

azsioux

Jul 30, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
www.azsioux.com
didnt get a good look at him playing wise personally but he had a hell of a year and will be going back to AJHL then North Dakota the following season. sounds like he did great in many of the tests overall at the combine being in the top 10 of a few. cant wait to see him at UND in 2010 and he may have moved up the most of anyone in this draft not being ranked last year on any lists to a potential 2-4 round guy.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
didnt get a good look at him playing wise personally but he had a hell of a year and will be going back to AJHL then North Dakota the following season. sounds like he did great in many of the tests overall at the combine being in the top 10 of a few. cant wait to see him at UND in 2010 and he may have moved up the most of anyone in this draft not being ranked last year on any lists to a potential 2-4 round guy.

Thanks very much for the response. He's certainly someone I'm considering in the middle rounds. Anyone get a chance to see him live?

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
I saw a bit of AJHL hockey this year (a bit in comparison to the piles of Dub hockey) and I just never came away impressed with Knight. I may have just got him on the wrong nights.

However, it seemed like he had just enough natural talent to dominate at the Tier II level, but not the hockey sense to be much more. He would do all sorts of fancy stuff in the slot because he had the skill and size to control the puck at will, but he'd lose it without generating a scoring chance. Again, I will fully admit it's not the first endorsement I'd take if I were you. But it's something. He did really well at the Combine.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I saw a bit of AJHL hockey this year (a bit in comparison to the piles of Dub hockey) and I just never came away impressed with Knight. I may have just got him on the wrong nights.

However, it seemed like he had just enough natural talent to dominate at the Tier II level, but not the hockey sense to be much more. He would do all sorts of fancy stuff in the slot because he had the skill and size to control the puck at will, but he'd lose it without generating a scoring chance. Again, I will fully admit it's not the first endorsement I'd take if I were you. But it's something. He did really well at the Combine.

Cheers. In the absence of other information, it at least helps provide context for why someone like him would be rated so much farther down the board by most services... far enough that they don't bother explaining why.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Corban Knight

Saw that Flames just traded for him. Looked as tho he had a pretty impressive NCAA career... does anyone know much about him? comparisons?

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
compared himself to e.staal back in '09 when he was drafted

big, two way center with good vision, going to be a good bottom 6 center

DrSTaN

Nov 22, 2011
Corban Knight

Whats this guys potential, is he going to be a top 6 or bottom 6?

Just looking for some insight into his potential.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I think he will be a good 3rd line C. He should get a few looks with the big team this year (call-ups)

Just developing in Abby this year.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Whats this guys potential, is he going to be a top 6 or bottom 6?

Just looking for some insight into his potential.
Middle 6 IMO. I think his high end is an average 2nd line two-way centre. I think he will most likely end up being a good 3rd line two-way centre. I think the difference between him being a #2 and a #3 will be determined by how much he improves his footspeed and skating.

He has been playing well in Abbotsford so far this year, playing in all situation and doing well in each of the zones.

Woodtkachuk

Jun 2, 2011
Personally think he will be a well rounded, great 3rd liner that does everything right.

Really good at Face-offs, dependable, and has high hockey IQ. He won't blow you away or anything, but you won't be throwing **** at your TV screen cause he's doing something stupid either.

TylerSVT*

3rd liner/4th liner.

I've never been High on Knight and i honestly doubt he becomes an NHL'r but w/e

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad