C Connor Bedard - Regina Pats, WHL (2023 Draft) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
upload_2021-5-4_1-58-0.jpeg
Connor Bédard tonight (wrong sport I know but answering critique)

Also, to put into context how insane his WHL campaign was, Peyton Krebs, who he outscored before leaving, recorded a point in his NHL debut tonight

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Soooooo I take it he had a good game last night?? I’ve been busy lately so I’ve missed the last few games against Switzerland and Belarus, pretty glad that I decided to PVR this one though hahaha

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Michkov has already done it... yeah, can't help it.

All I can say is if you're gonna go out of your way to try and start a prospect war on this site you better hope Michkov delivers, ditto goes for any fans of Bedard doing it in the Michkov thread. Because no one will ever let you forget it if you are wrong. Remember all the Laine fanboys? Yeah it's pretty crickets from them right now.

Reactions: Dominance

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
All I can say is if you're gonna go out of your way to try and start a prospect war on this site you better hope Michkov delivers, ditto goes for any fans of Bedard doing it in the Michkov thread. Because no one will ever let you forget it if you are wrong. Remember all the Laine fanboys? Yeah it's pretty crickets from them right now.

Man, the war hasn't even started yet, it's just a small confrontation, like a fight between two squads comparing to World War...

And when the war starts, yeah, I'll be long forgotten.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Man, the war hasn't even started yet, it's just a small confrontation, like a fight between two squads comparing to World War...

And when the war starts, yeah, I'll be long forgotten.

Nobody forgot all the fanboys that were pumping Laine's tires, just saying...

Reactions: Chris McKinlay

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The best thing about the Bedard - Michkov war is we are looking at a Ovechkin - Malkin 1-2 in the draft. Exciting times for hockey.

I think it's gonna be closer to a Crosby vs. Ovi type of thing if it gets there. Bedard won't have the size and style of game Malkin does. Crosby was 5'10 and 180 lbs on draft day in 2005. Bedard is 5'9 and 181 already at 15. He is likely not done growing completely yet. Good chance he gets to that 200 pound mark that Crosby is currently at, but Crosby is pretty thick for his size so he might settle in under 200 once he is fully developed.

barabas21

Mar 9, 2016
I think it's gonna be closer to a Crosby vs. Ovi type of thing if it gets there. Bedard won't have the size and style of game Malkin does. Crosby was 5'10 and 180 lbs on draft day in 2005. Bedard is 5'9 and 181 already at 15. He is likely not done growing completely yet. Good chance he gets to that 200 pound mark that Crosby is currently at, but Crosby is pretty thick for his size so he might settle in under 200 once he is fully developed.

I wasn’t comparing player type I was comparing draft year by impact of player. Sorry if my post was vague.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
IMO I’d be flabbergasted if Bedard is already 150 pounds.

It’s good. The amount of physical growing he has left to do is promising in and of itself.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
If you’re going to commit to a tank year, the 2023 draft is the year to do it. Two franchise players in one draft is pretty rare.

Reactions: Bubbles

prongertheman9

May 30, 2010
Looking more and more comfortable as the tournament goes on. Obviously a big jump up in speed and skill for a 15 year old but I wonder what role the move to the wing played in him finding his bearings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad