Prospect Info: C Christoffer Ehn (106th overall, 2014)

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I'd guess middle six. He could have more upside but it's been a loooong time since we've drafted and developed a top line center.

As Zermanator says, 1C's tend to go in the first 5 picks. If you get really lucky you get Getzlaf at 19th overall. If you're lucky and good you get Dats and Z after everyone else has gone home. But that is the exception.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Just remember that with all of these Swedish picks. The Perfect Human is also scouting them.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
i follow lot of hockey people on twitter and did search on ehn. got nothing.

not sure if good or bad thing. we'll see.

As Zermanator says, 1C's tend to go in the first 5 picks. If you get really lucky you get Getzlaf at 19th overall. If you're lucky and good you get Dats and Z after everyone else has gone home. But that is the exception.

yeah since lockout, only legit #1C outside top ten is kopitar i think.. and that was still in 05. giroux too but he was drafted as a winger.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Well we've also struggled to draft and develop a 2C which is why we always try to split Z and Pavel with mixed results. We end up diluting our top 6 (guys like Cleary, Bert, Abdelkader are not scoring line wingers). Filppula was best as a 3C or 2nd line winger. We signed Weiss due to needing a 2C. Sheahan is showing some nice signs but the jury is still out on whether he is a 2C or a 3C.

So our recent history when it comes to drafting and developing scoring line centers has been mixed at best.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Well we've also struggled to draft and develop a 2C which is why we always try to split Z and Pavel with mixed results. We end up diluting our top 6 (guys like Cleary, Bert, Abdelkader are not scoring line wingers). Filppula was best as a 3C or 2nd line winger. We signed Weiss due to needing a 2C. Sheahan is showing some nice signs but the jury is still out on whether he is a 2C or a 3C.

So our recent history when it comes to drafting and developing scoring line centers has been mixed at best.

But how much of an opportunity would they have had when we had Dats and Z? Flip did OK as a 2C (we did win a cup with him there after all) but he was never going to give us that elite 1-2 punch.

At the end of the day, we haven't even had anyone in our system between Flip and Sheahan who could be a top 2C. That's why we signed Weiss......:help:

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
http://www.redwingscentral.com/2014/06/28/4927/size-skating-and-raw-potential-draw-wings-to-ehn/

I didn't like this pick when we first made it, but after some of Hakan's comments I'm pretty excited about him. I just really want to forget Quincey so I'll deludemyself into believing Ehn and our other draftees are gods:cry::laugh:

Never a bad thing to have depth.

“I’m not making comparisons, but if I look at Joakim Andersson, he’s bigger, he’s certainly a better skater, and he’s got some ability to do a little bit with the puck, just like Joakim has when he’s playing his best hockey, like in the 2013 playoffs,” Andersson said.

Looks like they are really high on Mantha though -

“We’re doing everything we can to find a future center for Anthony Mantha,” Andersson joked. “We’ve given him a bunch of options.”

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
In case anyone cares...

Kevin Sporka - HOHM @yungspork
I've already heard three different pronunciations of Christoffer Ehn's last name. He just told me it's pronounced "Ian." #RedWings #DRWDC

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
We like to joke about Andersson, but he'd be a darn useful player if he could skate.

And he's still getting better at it. Last season was probably 10% better than the year before. His future is probably not with the Wings, but he could stick in the league.

In case anyone cares...

Kevin Sporka - HOHM @yungspork
I've already heard three different pronunciations of Christoffer Ehn's last name. He just told me it's pronounced "Ian." #RedWings #DRWDC

It's a soft 'h', name is pronounced the same if you spell it just En. But I guess if you try to say it in English it does sound like Ean or Ian.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
And he's still getting better at it. Last season was probably 10% better than the year before. His future is probably not with the Wings, but he could stick in the league.

It's a soft 'h', name is pronounced the same if you spell it just En. But I guess if you try to say it in English it does sound like Ean or Ian.

If it were "en," then it would be pronounced like the letter "n." Sounds like it's closer to "een."

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
If it were "en," then it would be pronounced like the letter "n." Sounds like it's closer to "een."

One single E can be bort short/long in Swedish, we don't have doubles. Sometimes long e is made obvious by spelling it é, like Franzén, but not always. Long E is not pronounced the same in Swedish as in English though.

You can here his name here in Swedish on 0:06:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2