C Cedrick Guindon - Owen Sound Attack, OHL (2022, 127th, MTL)

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
Guindon scored a beauty today on the PK for the GWG. He has 18 points now in the Month of March. He’s making a push late and sits currently 2nd best rookie in the OHL. All 3 rookies on his line can score Barlow has 28 Guindon 27 and Petrovsky 24.

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
Very interesting stats for the top OHL draft eligible players since January 1st. Guindon really four his groove in the second half. That sould give him a boost for the draft.Rookies need some time to adjust.

Wright 21 goals 42 assists 63 points
Goyette 28 goals 26 assists 54 points
Kyrou 13 goals 26 assists 39 points
DelBelBelluz 15 goals 23 assists 38 points
Guindon 21 goals 17 assists 38 points
Jelsma 19 goals 14 assists 33 points

Last edited:

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Really surprised me with his development after a very slow start to the season. I was wondering what kind of role he would fill at the next level, and I think he's answered it in a big way as the season has gone on. At the OHL level, he should be a pretty great scorer for the next two seasons, but at the pro level, I think teams will be drawn to his quick feet and aggressive forechecking, combined with a decent amount of skill.

I see a lot of similarities between him and Andrew Cogliano, if I were to give a comparable.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
What's the deal with him? He didn't seem like a player the Canadiens will keep, based of his productions. Do the Canadiens sign him thie summer ?

Personally, I think they let him go but what's you guys opinion about him ? He seems like a career ECHL/AHL player. Looks like another Will Bitten.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
What's the deal with him? He didn't seem like a player the Canadiens will keep, based of his productions. Do the Canadiens sign him thie summer ?

Personally, I think they let him go but what's you guys opinion about him ? He seems like a career ECHL/AHL player. Looks like another Will Bitten.
The Attack have been a mess this season and hugely underperformed, and part of that reason has been that key players like Guindon haven't taken a step forward this year.

He's a good OHL player, but he was far better last year, and I would argue better at age 17 than he is now. Too many games where he doesn't make an impact, doesn't use his very good shot (and imo the only real pro tool he came to the league with), and while he's developed a good all-around game at this level, he hasn't emerged as the difference maker he looked like he could be at 17. He's arguably played himself out of an NHL contract this season.

Guindon looks like he'll benefit tremendously from an Overage season where, with a lot of the graduations Owen Sound is facing for next season, he'll have to be one of the big guns. However I'm not expecting him to be even at Deni Goure's level this year, and he looks more destined for school or a minor pro contract after the OHL.

Reactions: Dempsey

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Too many players are ahead of Guindon in development. I think the Habs release him in the offseason.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

good speed, skating but I am assuming they don't sign him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad