C Casey Mittelstadt - Eden Prairie HS, USHS (2017, 8th, BUF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Many say he's the best player in MN HS hockey over Riley Tufte and he's only a junior. He seems to be under the radar still somehow.

He goes into the Tourney next week as the player to watch with 28-40-68 in 28 GP against one of the toughest schedules in MN.

Gopher fans can't wait for him and Reedy to get to campus in 2017 (along with Maniscalco and McManus).

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
Kind of unfortunate that many of the top HS teams got bounced from the tournament. Mittelstadt will definitely get the most attention at State. Not sure that he'll be a better pro than Tufte, but he could definitely be a better college player.

Meanwhile, I'm not disappointed with Poehling as SCSU's lone HS recruit. LVN didn't make State, but I honestly thing Poehling is closer in potential to Mittelstadt than most gopher fans would be willing to admit. ;)

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Put on a show tonight with 1-5-6 in the first round of the state tourney. Hopefully someone puts together highlights. He was on a different planet than anyone tonight.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
Should be a great semifinal against potential first rounder, Mitchell Mattson and his Grand Rapids team.

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
I watched him in Semi's of the sections, I hated him because I was rooting for the other team and he was fiesty and fantastic. After that I looked him up and see he has committed to being a Gopher.....So now I like him!

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
He has eleven points in five periods and is putting on one of the best shows in the tournament in probably twenty years.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Not to derail this thread, but Mattson cut his hand in the celebration of their section final win. It required 12 stitches and they weren't even sure if he'd be able to play this weekend.

As far as Casey goes, I don't know if there's much more you can say about the kid. I've seen Leddy, Bjugstad, Oshie, Brock Nelson, Anders Lee, Ryan McDonagh etc. play in this tournament and I've never seen anything like this. Blake Wheeler is the one that comes to mind as being this dominant but he was playing in Class A (Casey's EP team is in the large school Class AA).

Stats from the game tonight.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Top 3-5 pick next year? Looks like an amazing talent

Potentially. I think he should be in the top 10 right now with potential for top 5 but there's a long way to go.

The widely-held opinion is that he has accelerated his studies enough to graduate this year and will be joining the Gophers next season. If that happens, he'll have quite the chance to prove himself in his draft year.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
This kids hands are incredible I'll be shocked if he doesn't at least go top 10 next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad