C Carson Rehkopf - Kitchener Rangers, OHL (2023, 50th, SEA)

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Ranger fan here. He should of been drafted 3rd to 5th in the OHL but signed with the USHL before the draft which prevented teams from taking him. Having a great first 2 exhibition games. Big kids and loads of talent.

Reactions: Leaves34

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
After a rather slow start to his OHL career - he has been dynamite since returning from the U17 Capital City Challenge with 6 goals in his past 4 games including a Teddy Bear toss goal and a hat trick tonight.

Reactions: Dominance

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Bumping this. Rehkopf had a great second half of the season and scored 2 big goals last night to force a game 7 between London and Kitchener.

Highlights;

Reactions: Torts and Dominance

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Finished tregular season with - 18 goals , 15 assists for 33 points in 65 games. Definitely had ups and downs throughout first year but seems to have settled in.

Has 2 goals and 1 assist through 7 games. of the playoffs. Is playing regular shift and looks more confident.

Getting great experience by playing deep into the playoffs and playing good minutes in a game 7

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
I was at game 6 in Kitchener and he was the best forward on the ice for Kitchener. If he can keep this up, he should be primed for a solid draft year next season.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
If you’re a scout and haven’t circled this kids name after the Hlinka you’re doing it wrong.

In the play below, Rehkopf wins his battles in the corner and it allows Howe to skate out in front and snipe it on the Slovak goalie. Great effort by Rehkopf.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
If you’re a scout and haven’t circled this kids name after the Hlinka you’re doing it wrong.

In the play below, Rehkopf wins his battles in the corner and it allows Howe to skate out in front and snipe it on the Slovak goalie. Great effort by Rehkopf.

He’s been fantastic. So mobile and his stick seems like it can reach a 5 m radius.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was impressed also with his size, physicality, and skating, but does he have any offense? It's hard to stand out in that aspect on such a good team, but my initial thought was that he may be more of a grinder type than an offensive guy.

Reactions: Dominance

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
I was impressed also with his size, physicality, and skating, but does he have any offense? It's hard to stand out in that aspect on such a good team, but my initial thought was that he may be more of a grinder type than an offensive guy.

I think he was a victim of Canada's depth and played to his given role. He's an offensive guy who really turned it on in the playoffs last year at 16. I'm expecting a big offensive year from him.

Mar 12, 2009
He's got a pretty good shot, really good hand eye making it easy for him to take passes on forehand or back hand, even if they aren't great passes to him, and very good at getting off quick one timers (based on last season in OHL). Good hands. I like his vision and playmaking enough to see him as a center at the OHL level (whether he plays there or not I'm unsure as Kitchener has 2 very good C, and he easily has to be in our top 6 group this year)
My concern last year was whether or not his game away from the puck and physicality would improve and gain consistency.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Most people on this site (myself included) think he could play on the top line with Pinelli and Mesar (if he commits to the OHL).

**EDITED**

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad