C Carl Wassenius - AIK J20, SuperElit (2018 undrafted)

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
6'2 with very good SuperElit stats: Carl Wassenius at eliteprospects.com
Best player left undrafted in the 2018 draft IMO, I am sure lack of exposure due to no international play has a lot to do with it. Will be interesting to see how he does next season and if he ends up getting draft next year.

There are 40 NHL scouts covering the league he's playing in, it's like saying a player in the WHL missed out because of no international play. I think this guy has a bit of a floater reputation and that was the reason more than that people did not see him.

Reactions: ChadS

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Is it possible To invited them To summer camp? Euro player? Chl ? What is the rule for invited because lot of good player were undrafted can be interesting

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Is it possible To invited them To summer camp? Euro player? Chl ? What is the rule for invited because lot of good player were undrafted can be interesting

Summer camps are usually no problem, this is "vacation" for most Swedish teams anyway. Samuel Fagemo is going to Arizona's camp for instance despite not being drafted. Camps in the fall a bit more problematic because the European season would already have started.

CHL depends on the player's contract situation but usually if you are not in the pro team plans you can get out.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
There are 40 NHL scouts covering the league he's playing in, it's like saying a player in the WHL missed out because of no international play. I think this guy has a bit of a floater reputation and that was the reason more than that people did not see him.

I have a good batting average for the players I consider to be the best undrafted in the years I covered the draft; Pavel Shen & Shawn Boudrias, Nathan Noel & Veini Vehvilainen, Vladimir Tkachev (sign, but contractual problem, will come one day), Lucas Wallmark & Nikita Tryamkin. Only in 2016 my best undrafted was not drafted the following year (outside Tkachev). Sometimes players fall for no good reason. You could have told me the same comments for Shen last year who had good stats, but lacked international exposure, got drafted this year. Wassenius is one of the best undrafted I have seen in recent years.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad