C Caleb Malhotra - Vaughan Kings, GTHL U15 (2026 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Son of long time NHLer and fabled utility player Manny Malhotra.

Caleb is a big body that has high hockey IQ. He isn’t the most fleet of foot but he makes up for that with how he positions himself on the ice. he plays a good two way game where he uses a good active stick. one thing you’ll notice about him is how good he is at winning loose puck battles. He also isn‘t afraid to park himself in front of the net and bang in loose rebounds. It’ll be interesting to see how he progresses going forward.

Reactions: Teaspoon salami

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Cool. Manny Malhotra was a great depth player. I like him. I like his name. I like his son.

But yeah, he has to be good at faceoffs. Just has to.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
WHO could have seen this?
CHL vs NCAA. CHL is a higher level of competition between 16-18. After draft year, NCAA would be higher level as you are playing against a lot of early 20 somethings.

Then there is the games/practice. At their level, what's the best ratio of games to practice time?

Plus, facilities & personnel, which at the top 10-15 programs are going to be much better than almost all of the CHL clubs.

And finally, very few kids play in the NHL as a teenager, thus probably better to get in a couple of years of schooling.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
CHL vs NCAA. CHL is a higher level of competition between 16-18. After draft year, NCAA would be higher level as you are playing against a lot of early 20 somethings.

Then there is the games/practice. At their level, what's the best ratio of games to practice time?

Plus, facilities & personnel, which at the top 10-15 programs are going to be much better than almost all of the CHL clubs.

And finally, very few kids play in the NHL as a teenager, thus probably better to get in a couple of years of schooling.
I was being facetious. But all your points hold true.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
That committed post is from last Friday afternoon.

He was selected by Kingston in the OHL draft later that day, after he "announced" his commitment to Chilliwack / after Chilliwack made that twitter post.

I'm guessing Kingston is still putting on the full-court press to get him to the OHL. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this verbal commitment announcement (to the BCHL or USHL) means very little in the way of anything binding...my guess is being selected that high, while a big risk that doesn't always pay off, means that the Fronts think they have a legit chance of changing his mind...compared to say Nyman going in the 5th round or Beckham in the 3rd round, putting them much more in "we think he isn't coming but he's worth a flier" territory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad