C Brayden Point (2014, 79th, TBL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
Just turned 16 a month ago. Leads Moose Jaw in goals in the post season. One of the best Bantam players I have seen in years. If he grows a few more inches he will be a first rounder in 2014. A real treat to watch this kid develope.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Was the most dangerous offensive player last night for the Warriors when I was in Moose Jaw. His story is incredible and he is talented. Been compared to Theo Fleury considering his size, grit and offensive ability.

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
He looked really good against Oil Kings in game 4 of series. Still only 16, so size may not be an issue in future.

euro35

Oct 31, 2009
not that unexpected

Point is a player that has always scored. He lead ambhl wit over 100 points in Bantam was leading scorer in pee wee provincial scoring 21 pts in 5 games Top 5 in leauge scorer in midget aaa on poor team and lead u 16 in scoring this spring. The kid can score the question was could he adjust to the size of the whl the answer to that we are seeing now. I think this player will be a top round pick in nhl draft 2014
He will get much stronger and grow more as he is a late maturing player. I d say he wont be big but this kind of skill in a 5ft 9-10 and 185 lbs will be unstopable in last years of jr hockey. Think Weal with huge heart

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Bump. Kid is on fire this season for the Warriors, one of the lone bright spots on a pretty average squad (outside of a few guys like Rielly, Edmundson etc).

Points in 5 of his last 6 games, including posting 7 points over that span. Currently has 10 points in 11 games.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
I like the way this kid plays. He doesn't dazzle you with speed or hits, but his smarts. He finds space on the ice just like RNH's did, appears a very cerebal player, and considering his size, his production so far is great. Looks like one to watch.

euro35

Oct 31, 2009
For real

A number of scouts watched him during playoff run last season wondering if he was a great story one hit wonder or a legit prospect. The word now is scouts feel he is a Daniel Breire style player many saying at 16 ahead of the curve of many others like Ennis (BUF)or Henriuqe(NJ) he will be fun to watch over the next couple years I think you can mark him down for a seat in the first round talks of the 2014 draft not a big player but appears he is growing others on Warriors listed 5ft 10 look no taller than Point did when I viewed him in Edmonton. A proven winner in all ages of minor hockey.

Superpest

Undrafted Free Agent
May 20, 2009
Cascadia
A number of scouts watched him during playoff run last season wondering if he was a great story one hit wonder or a legit prospect. The word now is scouts feel he is a Daniel Breire style player many saying at 16 ahead of the curve of many others like Ennis (BUF)or Henriuqe(NJ) he will be fun to watch over the next couple years I think you can mark him down for a seat in the first round talks of the 2014 draft not a big player but appears he is growing others on Warriors listed 5ft 10 look no taller than Point did when I viewed him in Edmonton. A proven winner in all ages of minor hockey.

Really hard to take your opinion seriously with you butchering names like Briere and Henrique

Fearless Leaf*

Great game by Point tonight against Alberts, potted 2 goals to bring Warriors back in the game, and also finished as the 3rd star of the game.

euro35

Oct 31, 2009
Really hard to take your opinion seriously with you butchering names like Briere and Henrique

I agree should have checked spelling before posting.
The content does not change Moosejaw has won the
2011 draft with this pick at 14 watched highlites today and
Point just keeps scoring. I have posted on here many times
How I felt Point would be the highest scorer out of this draft
and right now it doesnt appear close. Moose Jaw coach says
he thinks of Point as a19 year old player due to his ability and
hocky IQ.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
This kid has one of the best defensive awareness I've seen by a forward at 16 years of age. I definitely see a 2-way Briere in his gamestyle.

Yes, I see that too. I like the comparison. Also doesnt have the hands of Ennis but he's just as fearless.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Bump. Saw this guy play last night in Saskatoon and quite a bit during the regular season and he seems like a can't miss prospect. Plays much bigger than his size and I find it hard to believe that he's only 16 years old.

Reactions: The Macho King

euro35

Oct 31, 2009
Keeps on proven folks wrong

I just looked up threads where users here have this guy in 3rd bantam drafts. Too small not good enough to play whl well news is he just made u18 Team Canada
and will start first line centre. I have seen the talent in this player watched him alot as a young player spring hockey ect it seems that some of the so called experts here missed on this kid. I know too small to play Nhl will be the next comment! When looking at young players more scouts should judge how good a player is in front of them instead of trying to predict the future. Point only alberta kid to make squad
so he must be pretty good.

euro35

Oct 31, 2009
Craig Button said Point best Canadian forward. Dale Hunter also had glowing praise
MVP in goal medal game with 3 asst 1 not credited on second goal but I can see Point being alot higher than 8 from WHL

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Mix of eberle and gallagher. will be drafted in the 20-40 range and be one of the biggest steals of the draft

Reactions: Leaves34

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
He looks like a young Justin Bieber, but he manages to get to the front of the net and always be in the play, despite his lack of size. Never quits, going to see all the teams best checkers this season but will still lead MJ in scoring

Reactions: The Macho King

member 147413

I'm a big fan, grows an inch or two and he's a Top 10 pick no problem IMO.

I hope the Leafs have kept an eye on him while watching Rielly, he's super talented and all heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad