C Brady Gilmour - Saginaw Spirit, OHL (2017, 193th, DET)

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
16-year-old player off to a hot start in the OHL. What type of player does he project to become? Could he be a high pick in a couple of years if he grows a couple more inches?

Definitely has a high hockey IQ. Anticipates plays well and doesn't try to do too much. Good at both ends. Decent speed and skating. He's the kind of guy that well make his linemates better. More of a playmaker as he does posses really good vision. Needs to add some muscle or get a little more creative with the puck on his stick/become more elusive down the road but for now he has the tools to where I think he could be a mid to late 2nd rounder.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
From April's Priority Selection:
Brady Gilmour (C) - Quinte Red Devils - 36 GP, 28-33--61 PTS

OHL Central Scouting says: Though he comes in slightly undersized, Brady is skilled, tenacious, competes, has a high hockey IQ, and is a very good skater. He made his Quinte team 'go' offensively this past season and was a real catalyst for them down the stretch. Brady is more of a pass first player and arguably the top playmaker in the age group. He wore the 'C' for his club and is a strong character player, earning OMHA ETA Player of the Year honours.

OHL Comparable: Robby Fabbri (Guelph Storm)

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread but it's better than starting a new one.

Does anyone know much about Brady Gilmour's development? With Saginaw being in the west, I'm lucky if I see the Spirit once a year. I'm not finding him in draft rankings and this is his draft year.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread but it's better than starting a new one.

Does anyone know much about Brady Gilmour's development? With Saginaw being in the west, I'm lucky if I see the Spirit once a year. I'm not finding him in draft rankings and this is his draft year.

My take on Brady Gilmour:

As a Saginaw season ticket holder, I am able to watch Gilmour a lot. I am no scout or anything, but I see this kid being missed for the wrong reasons on many mock drafts.

He is not a highlight reel player, but does everything well. His skating needs to be worked on and obviously his strength, but he was able to score 26 goals and put up 47 points in a tough west division on the weakest team. His line usually consisted of rookies, therefore making what he did more attractive. I am unsure if the highly ranked players now could have done it. Many of the top guys have assists from playing with a NHL prospect.

He has been labelled at small, but I don't think his weight and height stats have been updated since the beginning of the year. He doesn't look that small on the ice.

He will probably will get overlooked and not drafted, but I think he has proven that he can do it against the best and the bigger guys. I hope by the time he is an overager he turns some heads of NHL Scouts.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Congrats Brady Gilmour

You will surprise many people who were not giving you a chance in the mock drafts. Look forward to watching you develop this year in SagTown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad