C Bradley Nadeau - University of Maine, NCAA (2023, 30th, CAR)

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
He isn't even projected to go in the first round...
Depends where you look. Button has him at 24, NHL central scouting has him #17 among NA, smaht has him 30, FC has him at 33 which is just one position off the 1st round, basically a fringe 1st round projection where I don't think anyone would be shocked if he was selected there.

Your fascination with stats is great, but this is a loaded 1st round for forwards so I won't be shocked either way. He's a great player and at the end of the day draft rankings (and ultimately where you are taken) is just a small part of a larger picture.

In 5 years he could look like a total steal or he could wind up being sub par, Jost and Newhook haven't exactly lit up the NHL, but Johnson is looking really good , the other 3 recent BCHL players to put up similar stats at the same age. Much more goes into scouting, but I'll use those examples since you seem to be hyper focused on his production.

I really like the player, but it's not as easy as saying "this guy put up 150 pts and he's not even going in round 1!?".

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Nadeau will likely be a 20-40 pick, as he should.

I think, obviously with absolutely zero guarantee and just a personal estimation, he'd be around 30g-45a if he went with Rimouski (Ethan Gauthier like numbers), or around 30g-35a if he went with Dubuque (Jayden Perron like numbers). Great numbers, but nothing that we don’t see every year with guys in the late 1st, 2nd round range.

The 113 point season needs to be looked at in context, not just as a high number.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Jost went 10th overall in an average draft and Newhook went 16th in a average draft. My opinion is that Nadeau is better than both, but it's a stacked draft. I definitely see him getting taken in the very late 1st or early 2nd. He's actually outproduced his regular season totals in the playoffs.

Also I see a team like Colorado or Vegas to take a chance on him. Both teams scout the BCHL a lot more than other teams and have historically drafted from the league.

SimGrindcore

Mar 16, 2021
www.facebook.com
Jost went 10th overall in an average draft and Newhook went 16th in a average draft. My opinion is that Nadeau is better than both, but it's a stacked draft. I definitely see him getting taken in the very late 1st or early 2nd. He's actually outproduced his regular season totals in the playoffs.

Also I see a team like Colorado or Vegas to take a chance on him. Both teams scout the BCHL a lot more than other teams and have historically drafted from the league.
Jost and Newhook are busts at this point. Is it really worth it to take a player not named Makar in a lower tier league?

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Jost and Newhook are busts at this point. Is it really worth it to take a player not named Makar in a lower tier league?
That's a pretty narrow-minded way of thinking. These guys played at a lower level to preserve their NCAA eligibility, not because they weren't good enough for Major Junior. Nadeau likely would've outperformed several highly regarded CHL prospects if he decided to report to Rimouski this year.

SimGrindcore

Mar 16, 2021
www.facebook.com
That's a pretty narrow-minded way of thinking. These guys played at a lower level to preserve their NCAA eligibility, not because they weren't good enough for Major Junior. Nadeau likely would've outperformed several highly regarded CHL prospects if he decided to report to Rimouski this year.
1683738463462.png

He should have gone there and played against USNTDP. Scouting would have been easier.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve

2016 was an average (probably under average) draft, so Jost is not really a bust if you look at that first round. Newhook is still young so I wouldn't call him a bust.

BCHL is the top Junior A circuit in Canada and has steadily provided a steady of stream of college and NHL players. Lots of scouts here, lol.

SimGrindcore

Mar 16, 2021
www.facebook.com
2016 was an average (probably under average) draft, so Jost is not really a bust if you look at that first round. Newhook is still young so I wouldn't call him a bust.

BCHL is the top Junior A circuit in Canada and has steadily provided a steady of stream of college and NHL players. Lots of scouts here, lol.
Ok, the bust label does not apply to Newhook since I mixed him with Kaut. My bad.

johnnystormcgy

May 26, 2007
I've heard conflicting reports regarding him playing centre vs left-wing, anybody know what spot he primarily played at?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

I see this as well as he is a very good value pick in the late first round given some of his excellent skills that others available then simply won't have.

Reactions: DaveG and Bubbles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad