C Brad Lambert - Pelicans Lahti, Liiga (2022 Draft) part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Still a polarizing prospect to me. His skating and puck transport alone give him quite the ceiling, regardless of the knocks on his IQ. And I am not sure I agree with those fully.

He has looked amazing against his peers in my viewings the last few years but clearly struggling against men Hopefully he can figure the rest of the game out.

He is obviously going to be a bit of a faller here, but I suspect scouts still like the package enough to take him inside of 20. I know I would be trying to trade up if he slipped past there.
I still think there's a chance the Wings will take him at 8. He has really rare skills and if his Liiga results are more tied to his situation than attitude concerns he might be the highest upside player left for us at 8.

I'm a Brad Lambert truther but I think where he lands is going to come down to how well he interviews.
It’s only going to take one interview with one team in the top 10, who won’t be able to pass on the talent, if they’re comfortable with the kid.

He could very well be the most talented player in the draft and that’s hard to pass up. Such a strange situation. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if Yzerman takes him at 8.
Exactly. If he falls I think he will end up being this years version of Barzal. A player who, in hindsight, had little business falling that far in the draft given the skill level he had.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Hope the Ducks add one of their 2nd rounders to the Boston first round pick to trade up and take him. That's my ideal situation for this draft. If we could add Nazar, Gauthier, Kemell, Lekkerimaki, or even Savoie at #10 if he drops like some are predicting plus Lambert to add to Terry/Zegras/McTavish I like. Lambert skating is so electrifying, gives me McDavid vibes when he has the puck and moving his feet.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
I think he falls to NYI at 13. Someone above made the Barzal comp and situationally I can see the similarities. It would be great for the Isles if he became a 2C but even as a winger he'd still have a lot of utility in their top six.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I think he falls to NYI at 13. Someone above made the Barzal comp and situationally I can see the similarities. It would be great for the Isles if he became a 2C but even as a winger he'd still have a lot of utility in their top six.
That's not falling, that's going higher than he's expected to at this point

Reactions: brakeyawself

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
I'm taking him at 11 if I'm the Sharks. I think he could end up as the best player from the draft after its all said and done. Especially with an Eklund attached to his hip, he could put up serious points.

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
People see him as some sort of high upside, boom or bust prospect. I’m gonna go against the grain here and kinda view him ultimately as kind of a safe bet to play in the NHL as kind of one of those super mid-six players. I think his speed and confidence with the puck will make him a valued asset at the next level but his lack of hockey IQ and awareness at times may hold him back from some top level upside. But in that super mid-six role where you just unleash his speed and let him control the puck and cause havoc - I can certainly see it. He can be a Corsi machine and if he develops a real defensive edge - he could be a 200’ hound who can throw in some moments of real skill.

If you can get that kind of player in the second half of the first round - you’ve done well.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I’m shocked at how’s he’s dropping on everyone’s rankings. It makes me question if there’s something wrong with me lol I’ve wanted him for my isles all year. I think he could have great chemistry down the line with Raty. Lamber can certainly stick at center but I think he can be a winger as well

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I’m shocked at how’s he’s dropping on everyone’s rankings. It makes me question if there’s something wrong with me lol I’ve wanted him for my isles all year. I think he could have great chemistry down the line with Raty. Lamber can certainly stick at center but I think he can be a winger as well
It's really bizarre. It feels like scouts are more concerned with his counting stats than actually watching him play.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
It's really bizarre. It feels like scouts are more concerned with his counting stats than actually watching him play.

I haven’t been able to see much of him this year but I agree with you about stats. If Raty was judged on stats before his trade to Jokriut they would be calling him a bust already probably. Sometimes change of scenery can help. I’m kind of hoping that Lambert if he stays in Liiga will get traded or loaned to Jokriut to develop under Jokinen

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I haven’t been able to see much of him this year but I agree with you about stats. If Raty was judged on stats before his trade to Jokriut they would be calling him a bust already probably. Sometimes change of scenery can help. I’m kind of hoping that Lambert if he stays in Liiga will get traded or loaned to Jokriut to develop under Jokinen
I think he needs to play on smaller ice ASAP to develop properly.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I question his decision making with the puck and he really seems to have serious tunnel vision. Cant see him making it as a center. Im too afraid he'd be another Sprong to take him until late first.

Reactions: ponder

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006

For the Isles, there's probably better wingers still available where they are picking. At least I'd think one of Lekker, Gauthier, Yurov, Mesar would still be available, all of whom I think the Isles could desperately use. Not that they couldn't use Lambert, but he might end up 3C behind Barzal and Raty, or on the wing with one of them. If it ends up the latter though, I would rather have one of those previous 4 wingers I mentioned. I think that's the main issue.

And as far as centers, there's going to be a few guys, McGroarty, Kasper and maybe Kulich or Beck sneaking into their territory, in a similar range and I'm not certain every team has them in the same order. Just meaning, I could see those 3, Lambert, McGroarty, Kasper going in any order really, and kids like Kulich or Beck possibly being taken around the same area IF a team is particularly high on them. And there's really no way of knowing how particular teams will have them ranked. I think Nazar, Savoie and Geekie end up going in the 6-12 range, even though I'm not sure Savoie ends up at center long term. After those three, it's kind of a crapshoot how the rest of the plausible centers go and in what order. But I'd expect McGroarty, Kasper and Lambert to be all in that 12-20 range.

And depending on my teams needs, I honestly might prefer Kasper or McGroarty, the latter who I am increasingly high on.

But I would rather go with say Lekker, Gauthier, Yurov, Mesar, if my team needed a winger. And I think Ohgren and Snuggerud are in that teen/early 20s range, possibly jumping up a few picks on draft day depending on how the top 10 goes.

Last edited:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
He already broke his contract with his team and didn't play any better.
All tools no toolbox player.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
The next Kasperi Kapanen?

I don't see a lot of similarities between these two except that both are fast and Finnish. Lambert is more offensively gifted and can give a great pass or shoot the puck himself pretty hard. Kapanen is better two-way player though at the moment at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad