C Auston Matthews (2016, 1st, TOR) VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDDIE20*

Great player.

29 other teams would've loved to have drafted him. Anyone who says any different is a liar.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Might be the greatest player of his era when all is said and done

I don't think Eichel vs Matthews will be a competition. The debate will be McDavid vs Matthews.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Absolute beast. Could be Peter Forsberg type of player in the future. He is that good.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Still can’t believe we got this guy, what a sensational talent.

Never was a doubt in my mind that he would go #1 overall.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Just finished watching the last 2 shift by shift videos from the last 2 games, he is closer to McDavid than eichel.

Polk High

Sep 9, 2009
Matthews seems to think and process the game at a super high speed. He has caught many of his linemates off guard with those immediate one touch passes. It's pretty slick to watch.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
I'm gonna go ahead and say this again: Matthews has a set of hands that Laine can't touch.

When it comes to stick-handling and shiftiness with the puck Matthews does things that Laine just isn't capable of.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Matthews seems to think and process the game at a super high speed. He has caught many of his linemates off guard with those immediate one touch passes. It's pretty slick to watch.

Leafs also have another prospect who thinks and processes the game at a super high speed, and has caught many linemates off guard with one touch passes. Mitchell Marner. The next decade is going to be fun.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
His stickwork defensively has impressed me most. He's always ready batting pucks out of the air, lifting sticks, or making timely poke checks.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
McDavid is the best hockey player I've ever seen.

Matthews isn't McDavid. Nobody will be.

Matthews is better than Eichel, though.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
The best thing about him isn't even that he's going to be a top end elite player, it's that he pretty much already is a top end elite player. Make no mistake about it, he's going to dominate sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad