C Anthony Richard - Val-d'Or Foreurs, QMJHL (2015, 100th, NSH)

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Among the scouting combine attendees without a thread is diminuitive Val-d'Or forward Anthony Richard, so to kick off his thread, here's a McKeen's blurb from April 2014:
Fast skater that seems even quicker due to his constant motion .. dangles in and out of traffic areas, adding pressure that causes opponents to defensive breakdowns .. interprets game quickly in the offensive zone .. excellent puck control at top speeds .. possesses the capacity to corrals passes quickly without losing a step .. controls the puck well at top speeds .. doesn’t have a great shot but releases it so quickly with little warning that it catches opponents off-guard .. undersized forward who will have to improve his overall strength .. hesitant in his decision-making in the defensive zone .. can get in trouble when game is played tight due to his smaller size .. consistency from game to game remains a concern.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Kind of incredible nobody talks about him! At 16 years old, he registered 52 points in 66 games and 17 points in 24 games and helped the Foreurs to raise the Memorial Cup.

At 17, this past season, he had 91 points (43 goals) in 66 games and added 22 points in 17 games in the playoffs.

No, he isn't that big (5'10 / 175lbs). But he is really talented, offensively gifted, fast and is a real competitor.

I think he'll have a huge year this upcoming season! You Preds fans, have a very nice prospect in your pool and you maybe didn't knew it! :p

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
This guy is currently 3rd in scoring in the QMJHL and he just turned 19. 34 goals and 40 assists for 74 points in 47 games!

You Preds fans should talk about him a little bit more because he will have a decent chance to crack your offense one day!

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why isn't this guy talked about more? His stats are very good. Why was he the 100th pick in the draft with those draft year stats? He wasn't even an over-ager.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I get it, to an extent. He's a smaller player, so thats going to cause questions, but other smaller prospects like Marner, Konecny, Beauvillier were first round picks. Marner's stats were significantly better, one of the best of the 2015 draft year, thats why he went 3rd, but his stats were right in line with Beauvillier's and better than Konecny's. Why did he go more than 70 picks after these players? Is it that he puts up a lot of points but doesn't have a very good skill-set?

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Not only was he small and easily knocked off the puck but he consistently displayed attitude and poor body language when a team mate messed up or didn't capitalize. Some scouts were really turned off by that.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
The Predators signed him to an ELC earlier this year(along with another QMJHL prospect we like, Alexandre Carrier).

For those who see him often, how has he looked this year? He's been in the top ten in scoring throughout the year and is putting up huge numbers again, but I know that doesn't necessarily always mean anything.

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
Play with him all since 7 years old . What happens with him this year?

I love his upside to be a nice bottom 6 can't score with a good hockey IQ . Very fast and so dynamic . Can't score also and play in PK . Comparable to Mat Joseph

But very bad years . Only two point in AHL . Somebody can illuminate me?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Play with him all since 7 years old . What happens with him this year?

I love his upside to be a nice bottom 6 can't score with a good hockey IQ . Very fast and so dynamic . Can't score also and play in PK . Comparable to Mat Joseph

But very bad years . Only two point in AHL . Somebody can illuminate me?

Wish I knew. Had high hopes for him, but he's struggled with the ice. Has spent most of the year in Cincinnati with the ECHL Cyclones and has only looked okay there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad