C Alexander Sharov - Sibir Novosibirsk, KHL (2014 undrafted)

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I've said it before, his style is very similar to Semin's, very slick, deadly wrister. Don't know if he'll be picked up by an NHL team, but I know he's going to make a sick KHL player which is ok by me!

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
Will be a good player, think he has the potential to make a good career in the NHL. That wrist shot is insane!

Wouldn't be surprised if Tampa drafts him, Yzerman loves his Russians :laugh: Seems to be paying off for him.

CrosbytoKessel

Jan 8, 2015
Here's a little write up I decided to do about this prospect. I've never done something like this before and I'd love feed back! Let me know what you guys think!

Alexander Sharov
The Russian sniper is an intriquing prospect, Standing at 6'2 and weighing in at 192, he has NHL size. After an impressive performance at the WJHC, totaling 4 goals and 1 assist, he is currently ranked, #44th by Central scouting. He has some great attributes that make you think he might be a star, such as: A deadly shot, good hands, solid speed, good defensive skills, and good size. A real head scratcher that he wasn't taken in last years draft. but this year, the 2nd year draft eligible Russian sniper, most certainly, will get drafted. Might be worth a pick on in the 2nd/3rd.

Here's what HF has to say about him

Talent Analysis

A technically sound winger who can also play center, Sharov didn’t progress as expected in the latest couple of seasons. He showed to be a reliable points producer at the junior level, but he’s still inexperienced at the pro level and also didn’t show much in international competition. At this point of his career, Sharov is pretty much a question mark, and in any case needs to improve his consistency, physical play and defensive side of his game before he can be considered anything other than a long shot.

WJHC highlights:

Link to his stats:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=169098

Please let me know what you think of this. I enjoined making it and I'm wondering if I should make more. Thank:)

timlap

Jun 19, 2002

Please let me know what you think of this. I enjoined making it and I'm wondering if I should make more. Thank:)
Well it's been a few months, but I just watched this now and appreciated it. Thanks!

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Aren't they one of the KHL teams with a lot of money?

Yep, and also Sharov is a graduate of CSKA Moscow hockey school. So in the end I actually expect him to sign a 2 year extension. Also there were rumors that CSKA is gonna to do a lot of work to create a strong VHL affiliate and yound guys like Sharov, Mamin and Sorokin could have a major role in that.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Wish he would have stayed in Lada 1 more year, he would have been a top 6 guy there this year, now there is next to 0 chance he sees top 9 ice in the KHL this year.

Last edited:

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Surprised he was not drafted, I wouldn't count on that being the end of the story. Its only a matter of time before he makes the NT where he will be able to increase his exposure to an NHL opportunity as Tikhonov, Panarin, Mironov, Plotnikov, Zaitsev (next year) etc. have done.

Such a tremendous 2 way talent. His offensive abilities are too premium to be ignored IMO.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
2015 DB193, here is Sharov's scouting report pulled from the DraftBuzz 2015 NHL Draft Guide:

ALEXANDER SHAROV is one of those immovable centermen who always get to just the right position or make just the right play. A true 2014 eligible, he is one of the youngest overagers from Russia, but plays like one of the most mature. His skating is a little sketchy, his stickhandling a little rough; literally there is no sex appeal with this guy at all. However, there is some underlying magnetic attraction to the puck with him. He is fantastic defensively, as a hounding center who backs his D up so much you would think he is one of them. In the offensive zone, he just finds ways to get between the puck and opponent and fend them off with strength. Think of all this and then having 3G in 3GP in the WJC playoff round, and you have a guy with a special, clutch gene. Whatever unexplainable thing it may be, Sharov knows the game and there’s no denying he has upside going straight to the KHL with barely any transition step.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Just surprised no team was willing to use even a 7th round pick on this guy.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
What do the Russian posters (or anyone who's watched a significant number of VHL games) here think of this guy? I remember being impressed with him at the 2015 WJC and it appears that he put together a decent season in the V this year.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
What do the Russian posters (or anyone who's watched a significant number of VHL games) here think of this guy? I remember being impressed with him at the 2015 WJC and it appears that he put together a decent season in the V this year.

I thought him and Mamin were excellent in the WJC where Sharov flashed a Semin-esque type shot and I personally thought he looked better than Buchnevich. He hasn't played in the KHL in 2 years though as last year was basically a lost year due to injuries. He may be a guy who needs few years at the KHL level before attempting the NHL in his mid 20s ala Panarin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad