C Alex Barre-Boulet, Blainville-Boisbriand, Armada (2015 undrafted, signed 2018 TBL)

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I didn't see a thread on him when I looked. So if you believe what you see on Twitter this guy is apparently going to sign some kind of a deal with the Lightning and is currently the QMJHL leading scorer by a fair margin. Other than the fact he is over-age and small in size is there anyone who can give any details?

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
He seems to be your typical undersized, offensively exploding overager. But honestly, his numbers this year are impressive, he’s on pace for 125+ pts and is about 30 points ahead of the next QMJHL point leader (Alexandre Alain).

Reactions: Fixxer

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
He seems to be your typical undersized, offensively exploding overager. But honestly, his numbers this year are impressive, he’s on pace for 125+ pts and is about 30 points ahead of the next QMJHL point leader (Alexandre Alain).

The best I found on him was a French article saying that he's like Crosby and Lemieux before him in terms of how far ahead he is in the scoring race but as for finding film on the guy it's hard to come by. I can't claim I've even so much as seen him skate

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
When I look him up he comes up with the Vegas Golden Knights?

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Small and not a super fast player, but he thinks the game really well. Great puck skills, makes quick decision with the puck and sees the ice very well. He has made good progress with his overall game every year since joining the Q, he had a great playoff run last year and this year he's been very dominant obviously.

When I look him up he comes up with the Vegas Golden Knights?
Went to their camp last september

Last edited:

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Small and not a super fast player, but he thinks the game really well. Great puck skills, makes quick decision with the puck and sees the ice very well. He has made good progress with his overall game every year since joining the Q, he had a great playoff run last year and this year he's been very dominant obviously.

Went to their camp last september

So Corey Locke?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Maybe they just don't want to play there. TB is a little more attractive right now.

So they choose to go to an organization that is stacked with forwards right up to the nose? I fail to see how that is attractive to prospects, but I guess some prefer it.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
So they choose to go to an organization that is stacked with forwards right up to the nose? I fail to see how that is attractive to prospects, but I guess some prefer it.

Well to be fair one of the reasons why we are stacked with forwards is because we have taken chances on these smaller guys while other organizations haven’t. Not only have we taken chances on them but they succeed here too. So that might actually be the bigger reason imo.

Reactions: Rschmitz

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Well to be fair one of the reasons why we are stacked with forwards is because we have taken chances on these smaller guys while other organizations haven’t. Not only have we taken chances on them but they succeed here too. So that might actually be the bigger reason imo.
It's very likely he may not have gotten too much interest, so he signed with whoever was the better deal/fit - hard to say. We all know he will be scoring 50 pts in some point of the next 3 years because Tampa.

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
I see it as that, if he develops nicely, tampa will make room for him. Who knows what Tampa's lineup looks like in three years, players may leave, there maybe an opening for him or he may force Tampa's hand and cause them to move a guy out.
Lightning have a track record for developing forwards, particularly small ones, I'm sure that weighed heavily in his decision, not what their roster looks like now or for next season.

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
Maybe they just don't want to play there. TB is a little more attractive right now.
I cant speak for all the kids from Quebec but if Montreal and Tampa both offered me entry level contracts I would take Montreal in a heart beat despite having a shittier team.

Actually I guess it would depend on what team I think I have a better chance making. However my point is that playing for Montreal is a dream for a lot of kids in Quebec.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I cant speak for all the kids from Quebec but if Montreal and Tampa both offered me entry level contracts I would take Montreal in a heart beat despite having a ****tier team.

Actually I guess it would depend on what team I think I have a better chance making. However my point is that playing for Montreal is a dream for a lot of kids in Quebec.

Why sign with an organization with a shitty development program? Who was the last good depth guy Montreal brought up? If anything signing on a weaker team will make you look worse if the team can't win, at least the Tampa prospects can play with each other and make each other look good, if they don't make TB they'll have attractive stats and results for another team to find them attractive.

Justwin

Jul 19, 2016
Update Alex Barre-Boulet extends his points streak to 8 games (6g-5a) with 1g-1a as the Syracuse Crunch lead Cleveland 3-2 in the 2nd P. Barre-Boulet has scored in 6 of his last 7 games, has 17 pts (8g-9a) in 18 games this season.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Very interesting prospect. He looks SO small. TB pushed the "ignore size" thing to the limit with this kid, and, so far, he's making them look like geniuses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad