C Alec Baer - Vancouver Giants, WHL (2015 undrafted)

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I don't mind him. Skilled kid. Showed really well at the All American Prospects Game earlier this year but hasn't really been able to carry that play for much of the regular season with Vancouver.

From my November draft rankings for WHL skaters:

24 (HM) – Alec Baer – RW/C – Vancouver Giants – Like Soy, he’s not the biggest kid but has all kinds of tools. I really like his ability to go East-West while he also has a fantastic set of hands.

http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/2014/11/2015-nhl-draft-rankings-second-edition.html

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't mind him. Skilled kid. Showed really well at the All American Prospects Game earlier this year but hasn't really been able to carry that play for much of the regular season with Vancouver.

Remember that he is one of the youngest WHL players for this draft. Also maybe I might have had too much hype for him in my winter list, but if you put him on the Winterhawks, Rockets, or Wheat Kings, he would around a PPG player, even more IMO. I think having better talented players around him would make a world of difference.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Remember that he is one of the youngest WHL players for this draft. Also maybe I might have had too much hype for him in my winter list, but if you put him on the Winterhawks, Rockets, or Wheat Kings, he would around a PPG player, even more IMO. I think having better talented players around him would make a world of difference.

Agree to disagree I guess. I like his skillset, don't get me wrong. He just hasn't shown me enough to make the leap from "good junior scorer" to "NHL prospect scorer" yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad