C Alan Lyszczarczyk, undrafted, 19th in points in OHL

Michal

Apr 12, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Alan Lyszczarczyk at eliteprospects.com

How do you asses his chances for playing in the nhl? He's been undrafted in 2016-2018 (he's 21 years old), but in his final year in ohl (2018/2019) he has collected 82 points in 64 games and he has been 19th in points in OHL. I suppose he will get some offers from AHL and he will have a chance to confirm his scoring skills there. Then maybe some NHL team will call him up. How do you think?

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I think he could be a decent AHLer, but I'm not sure there's NHL potential there.

Great motor, but I don't think he's skilled enough for a guy with average size and skating.

Reactions: Michal

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

How do you asses his chances for playing in the nhl? He've been undrafted in 2016-2018 (he's 21 years old), but in his final year in ohl (2018/2019) he has collected 82 points in 64 games and he has been 19th in points in OHL. I suppose he will get some offers from AHL and he will have a chance to confirm his scoring skills there. Then maybe some NHL team will call him up. How do you think?
Likely CIS, doubt he goes pro.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I don't see why someone wouldn't give him an AHL contract if he wants to go that way but his chances to reach the NHL are very slim. If I were him, I would just get the contract with some lower-end SHL team the way Rodrigo Abols did and go from there.

AHL is a good place to adapt to NA game and get to its speed but for skill development, it's neither good not well suited. And that's what Lizardsack needs at this point. Learn to pot a few goals, you can always return to NA later.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
when you get angry and start spamming random letters at your keyboard lmao
Except when you realise that the letters make perfect sense if you knew the language. Polish language doesn't have a "W" sound as it inherits German's "W = V". So to create the "W" sound you get in English for the Polish language, they invented the letter Ł which what the L in Alan's last name starts off as (W). Then after that Polish has two different sounding syllables which need combination of letters for the unique sounds.

SZ makes a "shhh" sound.
CZ makes a "Chh" sound like in a chat or chad.

So with those rules his name is pretty easy to breakdown, Wish-char-cheque.

Michal

Apr 12, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Except when you realise that the letters make perfect sense if you knew the language. Polish language doesn't have a "W" sound as it inherits German's "W = V". So to create the "W" sound you get in English for the Polish language, they invited the letter Ł which what the L in Alan's last name starts off as (W). Then after that Polish has two different sounding syllables which need combination of letters for the unique sounds.

SZ makes a "shhh" sound.

Good job, mate! :D

Reactions: S E P H

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Except when you realise that the letters make perfect sense if you knew the language. Polish language doesn't have a "W" sound as it inherits German's "W = V". So to create the "W" sound you get in English for the Polish language, they invented the letter Ł which what the L in Alan's last name starts off as (W). Then after that Polish has two different sounding syllables which need combination of letters for the unique sounds.

SZ makes a "shhh" sound.

Unknown-1.png

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound

How do you asses his chances for playing in the nhl? He've been undrafted in 2016-2018 (he's 21 years old), but in his final year in ohl (2018/2019) he has collected 82 points in 64 games and he has been 19th in points in OHL. I suppose he will get some offers from AHL and he will have a chance to confirm his scoring skills there. Then maybe some NHL team will call him up. How do you think?

To steer this thread back on track: Loved him in his time in Owen Sound, and his one game with the Steelheads this year at the Bayshore he was given a standing O after being the first star. A slippery, skilled forward with decent speed, and had a good OHL career.

That said, he had a pro tryout in the Czech Republic at the start of this season (he played junior in Chomutov, but can't remember what club this TO was with), and that's where I expect him to end up. Not an NHL prospect at this juncture, but a guy that should play in the top Czech league almost right away, and from there we'll see.

I guess an AHL deal isn't out of the question, but his Polish citizenship gives him a lot of options.

Luckily for Poland and their national team, a likely good career in Europe means he'll be a fixture in their World Championship team for years to come, without North American pro to drag him away every spring.

Michal

Apr 12, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
To steer this thread back on track: Loved him in his time in Owen Sound, and his one game with the Steelheads this year at the Bayshore he was given a standing O after being the first star. A slippery, skilled forward with decent speed, and had a good OHL career.

That said, he had a pro tryout in the Czech Republic at the start of this season (he played junior in Chomutov, but can't remember what club this TO was with), and that's where I expect him to end up. Not an NHL prospect at this juncture, but a guy that should play in the top Czech league almost right away, and from there we'll see.

I guess an AHL deal isn't out of the question, but his Polish citizenship gives him a lot of options.

Luckily for Poland and their national team, a likely good career in Europe means he'll be a fixture in their World Championship team for years to come, without North American pro to drag him away every spring.

I'm Polish so I'm curious which path he will choose :)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

It was Karlovy Vary.

That's why I think AHL deal is less likely as well. CIS guess was just flat out off by a country mile.

He can definitely sign with any of the big pro leagues, I think SHL would simply be the most beneficial if it turned out he needs to be sent down. Mestis or Czech 2nd league shouldn't be that challenging for him anymore while half a year in Allsvenskan could definitely do him good.

I understand Czech league is very appealing for a Polish guy as well but I'm afraid he would get caught in that "too bad for Extraliga, too good to be sent down" situation.

Last edited:

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
You would wonder what happened in his 2nd year at Sudbury where development stalled out.

Even if he got an AHL deal, it’s tough sledding to get the ice time to progress with NHL prospects the priority.

Going to the extraliga and tearing it up wouldn’t hurt.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Going to the extraliga and tearing it up wouldn’t hurt.
He would start out as a 4th line center most likely (3rd line on a bad team), it's tough to see him tearing anything up. But in 3 years or so who knows, maybe he will get there. In any case, it's hard to see him scoring a lot in any of the solid pro leagues.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
He would start out as a 4th line center most likely (3rd line on a bad team), it's tough to see him tearing anything up. But in 3 years or so who knows, maybe he will get there. In any case, it's hard to see him scoring a lot in any of the solid pro leagues.

In the Czech league? That production he’d be looking at top 6 in SHL, top 3 in Liiga or extraliga.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
In the Czech league? That production he’d be looking at top 6 in SHL, top 3 in Liiga or extraliga.
Oh come on, what kind of bums do you think play there? Necas could barely break into the top 6, Alan, meanwhile, has little to none high end skill. Players with that kind of production often have trouble cracking into ECHL and the leagues you mentioned are well above it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad